Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Food Logging Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 2/20/2019: Hi Everyone - At this time we rolled back to the old version as we modify the new tool and fix the bug reported with some of the nutritional and calorie count. I will update this thread as I learn more about the updates and status of the revised new tool. Many thanks for the precise, in-depth reports. 

Fitbit Update 2/19/2019: Thanks again for your valuable feedback. While our team is working on modifications to the food logging tool we will be rolling back to the old tool shortly. We appreciate your patience and reports.

Fitbit Update 2/19/2019: Our team is actively reviewing your thoughtful feedback. I hope to have an update soon with further information. Thanks.

Fitbit Update 2/17/2019: Hello everyone, thanks again for your feedback this has all been sent to the team. Please note our offices are closed tomorrow for Presidents Day. I hope to have more updates for you after Monday.

Fitbit Update 2/16/2019: posted an update here

Fitbit Update 2/13/2019: The new food log is now live! We look forward to hearing your thoughts. 

Fitbit Update 2/4/2019: We’re excited to announce the launch of our updated food logging interface on fitbit.com; it's planned to go live very soon.

We incorporated the most popular suggestions we received after our initial launch. We included updated caloric charts, macronutrient charts, historical logs, waterlogging, and interface improvements.

I hope the new release will meet your food logging needs and look forward to hearing your thoughts once it's live! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
910 REPLIES 910

I'm excited to hear there will be a new interface! when is this expected to go live? will the app be changed as well?

Best Answer
0 Votes

WIll this new feature include the reports previously available under the "premium" subscription, Such as benchmark, food, sleep, activity reports that were discontinued?  

Best Answer

@meliissaax0x glad to hear it! It should be going live really soon. There will be no changes to the app. 

@rjbieber this is just an update to the food log. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just saw the new Food logging page on Fitbit.com.  Is there any way to go back to the old view?  The display is too busy on the new page and was so much easier to read and view quickly with the other style. 

Best Answer

What the heck!!!  This again???

I want my old Log page back, please.  Not - once again - this horrible one that I think is more for a phone than a desktop computer.  PLEASE GIVE ME MY OLD ORIGINAL LOG PAGE BACK!!!!  The new one just popped up about 15 minutes ago out of the blue & will not revert back.

This happened a few months ago & the community here were up in arms about it until the powers that be switched it back.  Are we going to go through all that AGAIN??

Best Answer

The previous interface put everything right on the page. This new interface requires scrolling through dropdown menus to see basic sections such as meals, favorite foods, etc.  I usually like updates and changes but this one is about as inefficient as it could be.  The Fitbit website is now extremely slow.  The mobile app is as well.

Should have left the Log page alone as the Dashboard and Community pages were. 

Best Answer

Just got home from work & suddenly I have this new food log page. It SUCKS! Seriously. Didn't y'all do something similar about a year ago & received lots of complaints & ended up reverting back to the old one again? So why try it again? The old log was so simple & easy to see everything you needed at a glance. This new one looks like there's a bug in the site, screwing up the log. Everything is in a new place & not easy to find or log. And I can no longer add notes on the individual meals, which is a huge issue for me.

PLEASE give us back the old log! 

Best Answer

Appreciate that the new food log still has macro amounts in grams. However, for previous days I notice that my custom food entries are missing, and calorie counts show that I am over budget. (The app still displays everything correctly though.) Intended behavior or bug?

Best Answer

Do not like this format!  You have taken something that was good and turned it to impossible.  You could have updated stuff without changing the log page.  I can't edit my meals if I change amounts.  I can't see at a glance how much I have entered.  It is too too busy.  I can't find any of my foods that I have added, and it takes forever to scroll through the tabs.  Please go back to the formal.  You could have added the stuff in the background but this seriously sucks!  Guess I will have to start looking for another way to log my food as this is too time consuming and will discourage people from using it.  Me included.

moderator edit: capitalization, punctuation

Best Answer

Well At least this update is somewhat usable unlike the last update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just saw it...thought something was wrong with my computer.  Hate it!   Want the old log back!  If you want to give me something new, make it useful like an exercise mode for jump rope!

Best Answer

Some of the changes made from the last iteration are good, like displaying the macronutrients, and being able to expand on a meal period to finally see the individual entries.  Adding water and seeing water also is much better than that last version.  Thanks for making those changes.

However, to be completely frank, this page is still a hot mess for visual hierarchy.

There is no clear place for the eye to be drawn to first, except maybe the chart (which takes up entirely too much screen space for what it is doing).  After that, there's no size difference for the different information and logging sections to show "and now look at this, and now this."

For this kind of page, having the broad information view (this is your calories so far for the day) catch your eye next would make the most sense, so that then a person can naturally descend down to the specifics.  However, Calories for the day is tiny, with a small font that is difficult to read at a glance.  This is pretty problematic.

I really, really encourage your UX design to learn more about visual hierarchy.  I gave this feedback last time.

Also, Quick Add is now anything but.  Before, it was easy to select items from the different menus.  Now, a person has click to expand a section, and then scroll through everything.  Previously, a large number of items would display; now, at most I can get 7 to show up at a time in a given drop-down.  This means a lot of scrolling and looking.

I think you all need to do another round of feedback and iteration on this page.  Right now, it's still too difficult to easily navigate.  The harder it is to use the page, the more likely it is people will not use it.  Fitness is already a struggle for many people, and so making it more difficult to keep track will be detrimental to their goals.

Best Answer

I hate this new format on the Food Logging Page.  I wish there were an option to keep the former page. If anyone knows of a food tracker where one can plan ahead,  let me know .

Best Answer

HATE the new logging page- so much work to see. I usually plan my meals in advance- now I have to do several clicks to find out how much of the food I should eat. I will be looking for another place to track my food!! This does not work. Give us the option of the old much easier to use page!!! Anyone have good suggestions for food logging let me know!

Best Answer

@DLA3880 Glad you figured out the notes. Thanks for your feedback. At this time we are not offering separate food logs! 

@captlew Appreciate the feedback. The new food log should not be slowing down Fitbit.com or your app. 

@Mandy_Stroyer if you click on the drop-down arrow for each individual meal you can add notes. 

@viksalos that doesn't sound right. I'm not noticing my custom food logs are missing. Are all of them gone? Where are you seeing your calories are over on the graph? Is it for every day or just today? 

@BDumler2 I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate the feedback. Let me know if you still feel the same in a day or two perhaps it will grow on you. 

@dane.dawg that's good to hear! 

@lyro thanks for the feedback, sorry that jump rope in exercise mode is not currently planned, but will share this with the team.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit Weirdly, everything seems to be showing correctly for today--it's just previous days (and as I just tested while making my meal plan for tomorrow, future days) for which custom food entries don't visually appear. Their calories and macros still seem to be there in some capacity though, as the calories in/calories out metrics for previous days are correct. However, the "budget" metric for previous days appears to be wrong, stating that I'm over budget by some amount of calories I didn't log.

For example, yesterday the log says I had 1881 calories in and 1857 out, which is correct, and includes calories from the custom foods that don't appear. It also says I'm "in the zone," which should be correct for Fitbit's calorie tolerance of +/- 50 cals. However, beneath that it says I was 139 cals over budget, which is not correct.

Edit: Should specify this is not on the large bar graph, but on the calorie dial above the food log.

Best Answer

You screwed up the logs again and without notice to people that are not community oriented. People who just log their food to keep track of calories in and out. we just want to know calories and micro nutrients and there was not an email sent out warning us of the changes in advance. If it was sent it was buried in a newsletter, not in the subject line. we get plenty of junk mail to buy this or join that or exercise this way. But you forgot to send an email specifically about important changes to logging food. These need to be in the subject line!

FAILED 10-1-18 AND AGAIN 2-13-19

moderator edit: capitalization, punctuation

Best Answer

Any way they can put that ridiculous graph at the bottom, or on another page?  It’s not information that’s universally interesting or something that needs to be seen at a glance.  

The usability of the rest of the page, below the graph, leaves a lot to be desired, but at least the information is important.   

Best Answer

I would like to comment on the new food log area. It's awful and has way too much information that I don't need to see. I called support a short while ago and to see if I could customize the page to only see what I care about and the person who answered the phone was located in another country and had no clue how to assist so I ended the call. The new food log area is not as clear and easy to navigate as the older version and now it requires me to click on multiple buttons just to find food that was easily visible on the old page. It makes me want to NOT log anything into the page and just keep a manual log.  

Best Answer