Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No distances from SmartTrack logged walks

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why doesn't SmartTrack log the distance when it detects that I'm walking.  It's smart enough to know how many steps I've walked.  It's smart enough to estimate my stride based on my height.  It's smart enough to let me set my own stride.  Why isn't it smart enough to simply multiple steps X stride?  And if it can't do that then why can't it at least let me edit the distance?  What's the point of even having the stride if it's not used?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hey @Celebane

Smarttrack activities will not show distance once they are logged on the Fitbit dashboard. In order to get the distance to show you'd have to use the activity mode on your tracker and manually select the activity you wish to perform. You can check the 'Compare' tool on the store to verify your if your particular tracker has an exercise mode.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit thanks for the response but this doesn't really answer the question.  I know that my blaze has an exercise mode and I use it to track my walks regularly.  There are times though when I end up walking around while on a long phone call or a trip to the mailbox turns into a walk around the block. There are a lot of things about my blaze that I really like.  However, there are also several things such as unreliable hourly move reminders, sleep stages not always working, changes to serving size only changing calories and not applying to macronutrients that I wish were better.  Those things I can somewhat understand because they are a bit more complicated to resolve.  Fixing distance logging when SmartTrack detects a stepping exercise is a no brainer.  It already has my stride and the number of steps.  That's all the info it needs.  Failing that, we should at least have the ability to edit the record and update the distance ourselves.

Best Answer

@Celebane, I see what you're saying. If you have time go, go to our Feature Suggestion board and propose that distance be added to smart-track activities. Others can vote on it, and Fitbit developers monitor that section of the site for idea.

Others can vote on this feature, and with enough votes, Ftibit may implement it. I'd certainly vote for it.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Hey @Celebane!

I absolutely see where you are coming from. I was in no way saying or trying to imply that having distance recorded from SmartTrack is a bad option. I was merely trying to explain why that could've been.

Having said that, I do agree with @WavyDavey. I did find a suggestion to have this implemented. Perhaps you could go there to vote and comment on it. 

Hope to see you around! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes