Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online dashboard is very slow to respond

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed lately that the fitbit.com dashboard on my both my PC's is very slow to respond.  I have to wait 10 seconds for each mouse click.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just posted that by disabling one of my Ad Block Extensions (Ghostery) the slow response went away

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @LeoLouie it's the whole internet and your internet provider. Sometimes it's faster and sometimes it's not, but it's not Fitbit.com. I can go to a few places and it gets so slow. Last night I couldn't get the local news site to load quickly or Facebook. Have you run any speed tests for your internet?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Internet speed is 236 mbps

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LeoLouie  I just tested again at 56.1 mbps. Not sure what your problem is - you try a different browser with the computer?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13 Nice to see you around. Thank you for your help and suggestion. 

@LeoLouie A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for sharing your information and for your efforts. 

Just wanted to jump in and add another tipp to the one shared by our friend Odyssey13 .

Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies on your browser?

Hope this helps. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Initially when you want to enter food/water the Windows 10 (laptop) App takes forever to load your request.

However after extensive problem determination I found that when I disable an Ad Blocker extension

everything works fine. I have been working on this issue for a long time. I have Ghostery, AdGuard Ad Blocker, and Adblock. I found that the culprit may be the Ghostery extension. The other 2 were active

and the issue only shows up with Ghostery on. In setting for Ghostery, I tried to click on make "FitBit a trusted site", and some other options to no avail.

Symptom is....After bringing Fitbit up and then go to log an item and after hitting enter the Fitbit tab keeps spinning upwards toward 5 minutes before it logs. After that you can enter other items with no issues.

Tested only having Ghostery as an extension with other Browsers on both Firefox and Brave and can recreate the lag in response to logging food or water initially.

Hope this provides some help for other.

So disable your Ad Blocker extensions and see if your problem goes away??

Best Answer

I just posted that by disabling one of my Ad Block Extensions (Ghostery) the slow response went away

Best Answer

@Harry , Nice to see you back. Thank you for sharing how you solved the situation. I marked your reply as Best Answer so other users can try what helped you. 

Please visit our discussion forums. There you will find several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating, or better sleep and who share many tips. They will be happy to meet you there.

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer