Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protein in grams

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do we see our macro protein in grams? I read in a help forum that it is possible to see macros in grams, but can't figure it out. I need to reach a targeted amount of protein in grams and the ionic isn't helping with that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

The Fitbit app won't count grams and you'll need a separate app called MyFitnessPal.  You can link the two accounts together to see more detailed food intake and burned calorie log, albeit using two apps.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for this reply! I was so irritated yesterday trying to figure this out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sammcombs28 and @bi-Ionic - 

Half true - half false - sorta.

The Fitbit app on a mobile device will only show what percentage of the total calories the "standard" macronutrients the individual macros are.

From my iPhone a few seconds ago:

IMG_0249.png

And in case you have forgotten, each gram of carbs and protein contain 4 calories while each gram of fat contains 9. Without understanding that, the two images in this post may seem skewed a bit.

On the web Food log tab the actual grams for all three macros are totaled for the day along with some other interesting values.

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 10.36.31 AM.png

So, unless you don't want to look at your daily Protein totals on the web, you don't need another app.

Hopefully this helps.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer