Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the new website sleep page at fitbit.com/sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

5/25/17 Edit: 

Hi all, we wanted to let you know that you can now see a timestamp while hovering over the sleep graph on both our mobile apps and the website. Thanks for your patience while we worked to bring this to you.

4/13/17 Edit: 

Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while our team reviewed your feedback. The following points of concern have been addressed:

• Multiple logins required when visiting the sleep page - this has been fixed
  • Count of awake/restless - these stats now appear in the daily sleep record
  • Total minutes awake/restless - this stat now appears in the daily sleep record

The recent changes to the website sleep page were intended to bring it into parity with the mobile app. With the above additions, you’ll now find identical information across these platforms:sleepstuff.pngThe one exception is a timestamp while hovering over the sleep graph, which appears in our mobile apps but not the website. Our team is committed to bringing this function to the website sleep page later this year, with the goal of maintaining a consistent interface across all platforms.

Many of you also requested a “sleep quality percentage” stat. Our team has heard this interest, and are always exploring new features and tools that can help our users on their path to improve their sleep, health and fitness.

Thanks again for engaging in constructive conversation around these changes. If you have additional ideas, those can be posted on our Feature Suggestions board

4/4/17 Edit: I met with several teams today to make ensure that these concerns have been fully heard. At this point we've got some potential solutions under consideration, and I expect to hear back next week with something definitive to share with you.

Hi everyone, and thanks for your feedback and suggestions regarding the new Sleep page. I've merged a few threads into this one and updated the subject line to reflect the general discussion. Here are some answers to a couple common questions in this thread:

• How do I view/edit sleep data for an individual day?
    • Got to https://www.fitbit.com/sleep and click on any of the individual days below the bar graph to see data for that day. You can adjust start and end sleep times on this page.
  • Where is "Time to fall asleep"?
    • "Time to fall asleep"doesn't apply to trackers with automatic sleep detection (Flex and newer) - since you don't press a button to initiate sleep mode, there is no gap of time to measure between that action and the start of your sleep.
  • Why doesn't the "Today" button do anything?
    • Our team is looking into this.
  • Why do I have to login again when viewing the sleep page?

I've read through every post here, and it sounds like the feedback and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• I want to see a "Sleep Efficiency" score
  • I want to see the sum or times awake/restless
  • I want to see time duration when mousing over the bar graph
  • I want to see hour data when mousing over the sleep graph
  • I want to manually log multiple sleep sessions per day

To clarify: If you have a Blaze, Charge 2, or Alta HR, you will see Sleep Stages data on this page. The above feedback is from other users who instead see a graph that looks like this:

sleep screen shotsleep screen shot

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. Our team is definitely receptive to your feedback, and we will relay this info to them for consideration as they continue to refine and improve this page in the future.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Best Answer
1,014 REPLIES 1,014

One of the most useful features of the Fitbit web app is the section on sleep.  By clicking on the "see more" under the sleep tab section, I could see at a glance my time slept, time restless, and sleep efficiency.  Due to updates by Fitbit, that view now defaults to a 30 day view (which used to be an option). Previously, the default view showed the previous evening's sleep which is the way it should be.  Additionally, "sleep efficiency" has disappeared.

I understand Fitbit is making changes to standardize across device line.  But you really can't take features away.  You can, as in the past, add new helpful features, but this is a step backwards for anyone who purchased your Alta device.

Until now, I have been very satisfied with Fitbit software and have never considered purchasing a competitor's device.  Please fix this ASAP. 

Bill

Best Answer

I miss the sleep efficiency percentage - would love to see it come back!

Best Answer

Same issue.  The sleep page shows the least relevant information, and doesn't show a sleep graph that allows the "roll over" to see what happened, when.  Sometimes "improvements" are not.  I miss the information that I could extract from the old sleep graph, and have little use for the new sleep graph.

Best Answer

Thanks for looking into this distressing matter.  Unless the graphs are updated to allow the user to determine the actual restless/wake time and duration, as was the case with the pre-update interactive graphs, the sleep dashboard is fairly useless.  Further, without this information I have to say the tracker itself is significantly less useful.  The non-interactive blue graph without times brings absolutely nothing to the party.

PS- If I uninstall my current android version of fitbit app (v. 2.45) and install an older version, do I risk data loss?  I shouldn't as all data resides on the tracker and some cloud source- correct?

Edit: I was able to downgrade to v. 2.43 which has the rollover-times on sleep graph.  While this is not as convenient as having the capability on the dashboard, not to mention the fact that as a precaution I'll probably never upgrade the app, it will have to do until I see if the dashboard is fixed.  Pls let me know if anyone wants the link to the site on which I found the downgrade (has versions back to 2.3).

Best Answer

The following article shows third party app for apple has percentages.  https://9to5mac.com/2017/02/11/best-sleep-tracking-apps-for-apple-watch-iphone/

It is only a matter of time. Apple will come out with all the features along with cellular and days of battery life instead of 24 hours or less.  When this happens fitbit is done as a company. 

If I was the CEO of the company I honestly would put out a public statement, fix the missing changes, and possible terminate the geniuses who came up with this idea to make the loyal customer base angry.

Best Answer

I'm also very disappointed with the new sleep page. I want to see all the hourly info and sleep efficiency like before. It's ruined it for me. Can the old graph please be included along with the new?

Best Answer

@1chap, I am not sure what the difference is between the percentages that the Fitbit app shows and the percentages that the 3rd party app for Apple shows?  What percentages do you see on the Apple 3rd party app vs the Fitbit app?

Best Answer

it looks like they will show you the percentage of sleep efficiency.  Fitbit just took that feature away.  It was in the article i linked to.

Best Answer

Anyone else not happy with the new format for Charge HR?

Best Answer

Bill,

I agree.  I just came back from my workout and was looking forward to checking my stats.

Put "sleep efficiency" BACK I say : )

Lily

Best Answer

@1chap, I guess these figures give me all of the sleep efficiency numbers I need, so I'm okay:

Sleep States Percentages.jpg

Best Answer

Reading the changes that you will be looking into making looks good. I too, like most on here mentioned, miss the percentage of sleep.  Looking forward to seeing this being resolved.

Thank you

Best Answer

No interactive sleep graph on mine and it just recorded me sleeping while I dressed and drove to my meeting. 😱

Best Answer

@OffcerClancy(...)

Edit: I was able to downgrade to v. 2.43 which has the rollover-times on sleep graph.  While this is not as convenient as having the capability on the dashboard, not to mention the fact that as a precaution I'll probably never upgrade the app, it will have to do until I see if the dashboard is fixed.  Pls let me know if anyone wants the link to the site on which I found the downgrade (has versions back to 2.3).

Yes please to the link to the site and thank you!

Best Answer

yes, please! I'd like to see that!

Also, anyone have a clue as to how to toggle from sensitive to regular?

Best Answer

I have just found that if you follow the sleep on the webpage, and click on the grey right-arrow, it brings up the same chart (blue and red) with sleep pattern. No way to roll over it and I haven't found how to toggle from "normal" to "sensitive" and back.

Best Answer

This is VERY annoying. The fitbit folks should hang their heads in shame. Why aren't we able to see sleep efficiency any more?

Best Answer

What happened to the sleep %?  I've been tracking my sleep for various health reasons and now there's no %.  Please restore this feature.

Best Answer

Here is my last night. I was up and about for maybe 3 hours, I don't know exactly how long because FBt has done away with toggle and rollover. I usually go to my PC to check how long I was up, and then return it to normal. 

Fitbit Web App - Sleep - Log 2017-03-29 14204111271 - Mozilla Firefox 3292017 104020 AM.jpg

Best Answer

Don't think that Premium users are getting anything better. They've been downgrading Premium features, too.

Best Answer