Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Active Minutes missing from Activity Group Leaderboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue which is currently preventing Active Minutes from updating on the Activity Group Leaderboard page, which looks like this.

You may have noticed that Active Minute totals are inaccurate or missing from this page - our team is investigating this issue, and I will follow up in this thread as soon as I can provide further information on this topic. Note that your personal Active Minute data should still appear on your Dashboard, as normal.

Thanks everyone for the reports and details you've provided to help us troubleshoot this! 

Best Answer
129 REPLIES 129

A number of us from our community group have raised cases on this and have waded through the scripted responses on Live Chat and by email which make NO SENSE when the active minutes are correct on our indivdual dasboards but are not accumulating on the monthly active minutes total on the community leaderboard.  For example, I don't need to be told that activity minutes can vary from day to day, or to be asked if I've done a reset. That is not the issue if the activity minutes show on the daily dashboard.  It's the accumulation for monthly totals on the Community board that's the issue

this morning I got this reply

''Hi Jo,

Thank you for getting back to us and for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue with us 

Upon verify in our internal system and checking the previous cases as well, we could confirm the community group has been removed. The main issue  seems to be when you perform an activity, your active minutes never upload due the group it doesn't exist anymore within Fitbit Community. Due WLR is not part of our partnership, we are unable to provide an accurate response to your main issue.

We will recommend you to get back in contact to WLR. They will help you to register your information and to know where your active minutes are. 

Please let us know if you have any other question, we are more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Lissa B and the Fitbit Team''

to which I have replied

''Dear Lisa B

I’m sorry but I think you have this wrong.  This is nothing to do with WLR - that is just the name of the group I set up.  We are a group of individuals who belong to a weight loss site called weightloss resources and there is now an interface with WLR but we have been told by WLR that this is a Fitbit issue.  

I set up the group and the group still exists.  I am very puzzled by you suggesting that the community group has been removed.  The screenshots I sent yesterday show that other things like the steps are updating fine to the group leaderboard as monthly accumulations.  It is just the monthly accumulation of the active minutes which has stopped working.  

How can we escalate this issue? because it is now becoming very frustrating to us not be understood on this this issue..''

Seriously, how do we escalate this issue which seem to be across ALL the community groups

Best Answer

And of course I send screen shots of the seven day report which showed that the Active minutes are blank for EVERYBODYExample of seven day report with no accumulation of  active minutesExample of seven day report with no accumulation of active minutes

Best Answer

I can't believe how incompetant Fitbit are coming across with this issue!!!  Are they really so stupid to not understand what MANY people are explaining in very clear English?

I too have also sent links and screen shots, and chaser follow up emails which are being completely ignored now.  It has now been over 48 hours without va response from Fitbit at all.

I am so dissapointed in the support (or lack of) surrounding this issue.  Usually any contact I have had has been resolved perfectly in record time, however its like thay just cannot admit that this problem is at there end, not the millions of users, so they are using the stick our heads in the sand approach which all that is achieving is complete hacking off their customers!!

Best Answer

Lanuza

Why haven't you come to back to us - this is a wide ranging problem with active minutes not accumulating on monthly toals on community leaderboards.  We need some escalation of this issue

Best Answer

I cant seem to get on live chat - keep getting a message that someone has snagged the last chat representative - sure they are avoiding me!!!

Best Answer

Our community is noticing this problem, too.

Active minutes are updating perfectly fine on my fitbit and on my dashboard. The community leaderboards stopped updating active minutes a week ago. Everyone in the community has this same exact issue.

I hope it gets fixed soon since we have a competition going with this community based on active minutes that involves prizes! If this doesn't get fixed soon I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people here just stop using their fitbits since the data can't be trusted.

Best Answer

The number of people in the world that have a Fitbit is huge. So why can't Fitbit have a live 24 hour reply system on the forum. Instead of people having to hunt through endless e-mails to find one on the same theme they can put a request on.

Then at least it would save thousands of people waiting for hours for no one to reply. What a waste of time and effort from a lot of helpful people. They have been driven up the wall, by being given endless futile tasks to do - by your staff. These tasks were totally irrelevant to the problem. I think Fitbit owes a lot of apologies to people for the handling of this problem.

I was having a problem with my "Charge HR" before this occurred but I now cannot even check if it is working properly or not, due to the state of your board. Could you please at least give us a timescale on how long it will be until this matter is resolved? Thank you!

Best Answer

Hey @Ramorianirl! It's really nice to have new members on the Forums.

In this case please get in touch with our Support team like I mentioned above. They will be glad to assist you.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something's gone wrong with Active Minutes because I'm a member of a Community Group and the Active Minutes have got stuck for this month. I notice if I select to view the last 7 days, rather than this month, the Active Minute column is all empty

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally managed to get an agent of the live chat.  He confirmed that their technical department were currently working on this bug, but unfortunately no time frame for fix yet.  Suggested I check back in a couple of days.

I suppose main thing is someone finally admitted there is a problem and its currently being looked at.  Apparently they need to do some updates at their end.  Fingers crossed it gets resolved quickly because I want my very active January properly reported against the people I'm in competition with lol

Best Answer

Fantastic Gillieworm, you go girl, im sure they have be bugged to hell and back by this, 😉

BR Ken

Best Answer

Our group was actually informed yesterday they were investigating it, but they won't give any timescale for it.

If they are going to be doing updates on it, surely they should have done the updates long before the board broke down.

What about all the people that are on the premium service are they going to compensate the people for all the time they cannot use the board? Then there are the people like myself who are having to wait until the WLR Fitbit board is fixed, before the fault in my own "Charge HR" can be fixed. Fitbit are refusing to replace my 2 month old tracker because it was the back-end of my Fitbit which was not working. Which has now turned out to be the back-end of your board that is not working. So can you please tell me are you now still going to refuse to exchange it? As at this rate it will be 3 month old before I can use the board!

What is the point in having community boards, if none of the communities can use them?

Best Answer

I run a community group. For some reason, nobody's active minutes are appearing on the group leaderboard. How can I fix this?

Best Answer
Spoiler
IMG_3452.PNG

No one is manually logging active minutes. So I don't think it can be that  

Best Answer
0 Votes

In comunity groups only step totals are displayed, your seeing what is expected to be seen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_3458.PNG

That is not right. Here is the copy of my other group  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im in 4 groups and have never seen active minutes, and have never seen active minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you have more than 10 people in your challenge? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MsDaisy it is not a challeng, but a comunity grouo.

Checj them out, there probably is one that has a common interest to you..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @picnic

The best way to move forward in this case would be to get in touch with our Support Team. I'm sure they will be happy to help you.

Please let us know how it goes! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes