Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: American Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, November 3, 2019

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in North America (and some of Central America) this Sunday morning. Some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps below:

The time on your Fitbit device  may be incorrect by 1 hour

- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct, and then manually sync your device.

- Adjust your account's time zone settings as detailed here.

Sleep logs may be off by 1 hour and graphs may show incorrect data

- Edit your sleep log to show the correct amount of time you were asleep. Use the steps here.

Alarms may be incorrect by 1 hour

- We recommend setting a backup alarm until you verify that the time on your Fitbit device is correct after the time change. After you sync your device and verify it shows the correct time, all alarms should be accurate.

Hourly activity goals and reminders to move may change to a different time frame

- If you’re concerned about being accidentally woken by your reminders, you can temporarily turn them off and then enable them again the next day. See instructions here.

After you sync your device on Sunday and it updates to the new time, you should be all set. If you tried the troubleshooting steps above and still have difficulty, note that these issues should resolve themselves the next day. Thank you for your understanding.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
168 REPLIES 168

It boggles the mind that after all these years (and a multibillion dollar acquisition) you folks still haven't managed to code the sleep stats  right, relative to the semiannual time shifts. It ain't rocket science! 🤓

🙂
Best Answer

Same thing happens to me. Maybe now that Google purchased the company it will get fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won’t take it, that’s the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a group run that started at 1:50a EST.

Time changed at 2:00a.

I can see my total miles but there are a slew of issues:

1. Fitbit GPS (in app) freaked out and didn’t record the entire run via the activity monitor.

2. Syncing/resynching doesn’t fix it.

3. Total steps were recorded.

The data is definitely there but the issue appears to be with what happens with the data during time change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done it all and mine hasn't changed either!  My husband did nothing and his time was changed automatically and we have the same Charge 3

Best Answer

To get my Ionic to show the correct time, in the FitBit app I had to go to Advanced Settings and select "Automatic time zone" to on and then sync.

Best Answer

Winner winner,  thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I did sync my device this morning several times and got the clock to correct time, etc. BUT I'm still having trouble with re-setting my Hourly Activity Goal. When the time changed last night, my Fitbit reset it to start at 7am, while I usually have it start at 8am. So I went into settings and have tried some 20 times to move it up to 8am, but no matter how many times I sync, it keeps pushing the start time back to 7am. The odd thing is that I can move the end time to whatever time I want and that stays as I corrected, but start time changes on me every time I switch screen back to dashboard. Is this a Fitbit glitch?

Best Answer

Having the same problem - very annoying

Best Answer

Mine changed. No time issues. I also have mine set to not auto detect time zone, otherwise, it'll put me in Ontario instead of Manitoba.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The inaccuracy of the sleep tracker doesn’t bother me as much as the fact that I have lost over 1500 steps. My Charge 3 updates the time just fine, but it seems that every time I sync I lose more steps. I have less trouble traveling between Eastern and Central time zones. I know I still walked those steps, but it’s frustrating for what the device claims it’s capabilities are. 

Best Answer

I have tried everything to reset the time

I even put a new watch face on 3 different times to change it

I synced it

And loged in and out of my app

The only thing I cant do is a restart on my Versa I cant find the menu to do that

Please help

Thank you so much

Daisy

Best Answer

Hi @Daisycrystal76 

Time is set off your device when you sync. You have not said if you are iOS or Android.  

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Daisycrystal76  fromthe banner at the top of the forums: "Customers affected by Daylight Saving Time this Sunday may encounter temporary issues with clock-related features after the time change. These issues should be resolved by syncing your device. See this thread for details and troubleshooting steps."

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

THIS!!! WORKED!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

To get my  Versa to show the correct time, in the FitBit app I had to go to Advanced Settings and select "Automatic time zone" to on and then sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To get my Versa to show the correct time, in the FitBit app I had to go to Advanced Settings and select "Automatic time zone" to on and then sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From another post - "To get my Ionic to show the correct time, in the FitBit app I had to go to Advanced Settings and select "Automatic time zone" to on and then sync."

Worked for my Versa!

Best Answer

"To get my Ionic to show the correct time, in the FitBit app I had to go to Advanced Settings and select "Automatic time zone" to on and then sync."

Best Answer