Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: American Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, November 3, 2019

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in North America (and some of Central America) this Sunday morning. Some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps below:

The time on your Fitbit device  may be incorrect by 1 hour

- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct, and then manually sync your device.

- Adjust your account's time zone settings as detailed here.

Sleep logs may be off by 1 hour and graphs may show incorrect data

- Edit your sleep log to show the correct amount of time you were asleep. Use the steps here.

Alarms may be incorrect by 1 hour

- We recommend setting a backup alarm until you verify that the time on your Fitbit device is correct after the time change. After you sync your device and verify it shows the correct time, all alarms should be accurate.

Hourly activity goals and reminders to move may change to a different time frame

- If you’re concerned about being accidentally woken by your reminders, you can temporarily turn them off and then enable them again the next day. See instructions here.

After you sync your device on Sunday and it updates to the new time, you should be all set. If you tried the troubleshooting steps above and still have difficulty, note that these issues should resolve themselves the next day. Thank you for your understanding.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
168 REPLIES 168

none of your suggestions help.  dashboard on computer is correct but iPhone app is all wrong.  time is accurate but it tracking steps/activity/sleep off by one or two hours.  won't let me set hours for activity monitoring, keeps resetting it after I set it, won't let me track for 12 hours like usual.  have never had this problem before, please fix!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have an option for automatic time zone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried repeatedly, still wrong time. Husband, it guy, tried, still not right. His charge 2 changed time automatically, mine refuses bo matter what I do. Fitbit, and now Google,  should fix this. 

Best Answer

No its saying no fitbit found. After daylight savings time 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do not have trouble with the time. My issue is with “activity “ setting.
It changed it and won’t let me change it back to what I had.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had that at first, too, but restarted my phone and Versa. Then clicked on my profile pic in the Fitbit app, scrolled down to Advanced settings, and set the automatic time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is not with the time. My issue is with the “activity” setting. It changed it and won’t let me change it back to the original setting.  

Best Answer

I clicked on my profile pic in the Fitbit app, scrolled down to Advanced settings, and set the automatic time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I have no problem with the time either it now says no tracker found
since 130 this morning
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all the tips for getting the time on my versa to be correct for daylight savings time but nothing is working it's still an hour off.  I have an android phone,  anything else to try?

Best Answer

I synced my device and it did NOT resolve any of the issues.

My sleep log is off by one hour and no matter how I edit it the start/end time, whatever it displays is wrong.

This happens every time I move between time zones (daylight savings or traveling), the implementation of time zones in fitbit is just so crappy.

Best Answer

Have manually synced my Versa, have restarted my phone, have manually synced my Versa again. Repeatedly. Still no change in the time. It's currently parked in its charger while I go back to a regular watch because I need accurate time.  

Best Answer

Setting the time zone to automatic has worked--although I could have sworn that I'd already switched it on before because Fitbit kept putting me in the wrong time zone. 

Best Answer
Me either
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't have an automatic time on mine
Best Answer
0 Votes

The heart rate is an hour behind. It make so sense it should be an hour ahead. This happens every dst you would think you guys would get ahead of this known issue. rediculous.  Maybe Google can fix things now that they own you.

Best Answer

I have followed all the suggestions and my Charge 3 will still not update to the new time.  I don't have any "automatic time set" on mine.  VERY annoying to be an hour off on the time!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem! Syncing is not helping. I re-set my activity times on a desktop computer and re-synced the app, but that did nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I clicked on my profile pic in the Fitbit app, scrolled down to Advanced settings, and set the automatic time. This fixed it for me.

Best Answer

Very frustrated and have spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME on this today - seriously the time changes every year in the spring and in the fall and I cannot remember my fitbit acting so badly before and I have had one for many years.  My sleep is off, my hours of activity is off, everything is messed up.  And all the things you say to do to fix it don't work.  Come on Fitbit - get your act together!!

Best Answer