Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, March 8, 2020 (North America)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in North America (and some of Central America) this Sunday morning. Some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps below:

The time on your Fitbit device may be incorrect by 1 hour

- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct, and then manually sync your device.

- Adjust your account's time zone settings as detailed here.

Sleep logs may be off by 1 hour and graphs may show incorrect data

- Edit your sleep log to show the correct amount of time you were asleep. Use the steps here.

Alarms may be incorrect by 1 hour

- We recommend setting a backup alarm until you verify that the time on your Fitbit device is correct after the time change. After you sync your device and verify it shows the correct time, all alarms should be accurate.

Hourly activity goals and reminders to move may change to a different time frame

- If you’re concerned about being accidentally woken by your reminders, you can temporarily turn them off and then enable them again the next day. See instructions here.

After you sync your device on Sunday and it updates to the new time, you should be all set. If you tried the troubleshooting steps above and still have difficulty, note that these issues should resolve themselves the next day. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This issue is now resolved, and your device should resume normal functionality. If you are still seeing any unexpected behavior with the clock or related functions, make sure you've synced using these instructions

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
81 REPLIES 81

I was just looking at my restoration graph and noticed a strange spike in heart rate so as I held down my finger on the screen to see the exact time, I noticed it was in the future, after waking up.  

I went back further in the graph and noticed that it completely skips the 2am period.  

I did a quick search and did not find anything regarding this.  Has this been reported?  I wonder if it isn’t because of daylight saving time??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@philiposm   Issues like this tend to be an app problem, not a device problem.  What kind of phone to you use, Android or iPhone?  Can you post a screenshot of the whole graph?  Are the times at the bottom correct?

In the US, DST starts tonight, so I don't think its a DST thing.  Unless you are in another country where DST starts on Friday to Saturday.  In that case, it has everything to do with your DST.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LZeeW,

I’m on an iPhone Xr with the latest iOS and using the latest Fitbit app.  The times at the bottom are correct, it’s when holding down on the graph to see the exact times where there is an issue.  

as you can see below, time on the graph shows 3:55 but I wasn’t even awake yet. 

67D2E125-D1D8-41E9-9FE1-5E580E84E809.png

In these next 2, you can see where the 2am period gets missed.  

D5E1ABF7-C91C-4921-BFDF-7EEC3EE0F089.png

5DC3FEBA-06E5-4232-90EE-9318E3AD8000.png

And here is the full graph which seems fine. 

D2310AD7-3799-414D-99E8-1E4092DA9306.png

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@philiposm   I scrolled through my graphs and I have EXACTLY the same thing.  I didn't have any weird spikes, so I would not have looked.  My Sleep Stages graph is OK, but my Time Asleep is also messed up.  First, I am going to move this thread to the iOS forum.  This looks like an app issue, not a device issue.  Next, I am going to notify a moderator.

This might be self limited.  Looks like some code jumped the gun with respect to US DST.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Thanks for the follow up.  I hadn’t thought to check my time asleep.

I wonder if it won’t go back to normal tonight after we move back to DST. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@philiposm   ALL kinds of weird things happen with a switch to and back from DST.  One of the moderators posted a thread in the fitbit.com (web) dashboard forum, hoping to prepare users.

I think it will go back to normal with the real switch.  But, like I said, other weird stuff happens with things like the Reminders to Move and other things.  Yes, it usually settles out in a day or two.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went to stuck logo on screen - syncing says can’t locate 

Best Answer

My versa lite carried over 16,000 steps from the day before. I’m assuming it has something to do with daylight saving time. Trying to figure out how to remove them. I did restart my Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Restarted both my phone and the watch. The phone was always on the right time, but even after being restarted to the logo screen, the watch is still an hour ahead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I made sure my settings had me in the right state and time zone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been really frustrating. Fitbit has had years to fix this and they haven't. Doesn't sound like they've even tried. They've changed the interface on the app, changed animations, added badges, but no fix for the years-old DST bug. I really don't get it. All we've gotten is excuses and "solutions" that literally do nothing to help.

Best Answer

Same here. I ignorantly tried to fix by turning Bluetooth off and then back on but now it can’t find it. That’s worked before but not this time. I was reading to reset the Fitbit but that’s not working either. 

Best Answer

Same and it’s driving me crazy. I guess we have to wait it out!?!?

Best Answer

Im so confused...I am getting ready to run the LA Marathon and need to use my FitBit to track my heart rate and all I have is the logo screen? What terrible timing!

Best Answer

Online chat revealed that I’d be eligible for replacement.  Mine isn’t responding to a soft reset or factory reset.  It was working fine at bedtime. I really though (and still do) that it had something to do with dst.  But I guess I’ll return this one and get another..  I’m kinda at their mercy cause I sure don’t know. Good luck with your marathon! 

Best Answer

my fitbit will not synch!

Best Answer

I got the same problem. Logo screen. Won't turn off. Battery drained down to zero. Cant sync. Nothing.

So Did daylight savings just brick my Fitbit? Cant sync. Can't restart. Cant hard restart. Can't factory reset!!!!!!!

--UPDATE--

After a text chat with customer support. They offered me a discount on a new Fitbit. So yes, it is a brick now. I did not break the Fitbit. It synced last night at 11:30 with no issues. this morning, it's dead! Will fitbit stand by thier software?

Best Answer

As of 3 am this morning, (and I was up) my Versa has only been showing the Fitbit logo on the screen. It stays on most of the time and goes to a blank screen for a few seconds then comes back.

I have tried to sync, restart, hard restart and factory reset. Nothing is helping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a text chat with customer support. They offered me a discount on a new fitbit. So yes, it is a brick now. I did not break the fitbit. It synced last night at 11:30 with no issues. this moring, its done.

Best Answer
0 Votes