Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, March 8, 2020 (North America)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in North America (and some of Central America) this Sunday morning. Some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps below:

The time on your Fitbit device may be incorrect by 1 hour

- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct, and then manually sync your device.

- Adjust your account's time zone settings as detailed here.

Sleep logs may be off by 1 hour and graphs may show incorrect data

- Edit your sleep log to show the correct amount of time you were asleep. Use the steps here.

Alarms may be incorrect by 1 hour

- We recommend setting a backup alarm until you verify that the time on your Fitbit device is correct after the time change. After you sync your device and verify it shows the correct time, all alarms should be accurate.

Hourly activity goals and reminders to move may change to a different time frame

- If you’re concerned about being accidentally woken by your reminders, you can temporarily turn them off and then enable them again the next day. See instructions here.

After you sync your device on Sunday and it updates to the new time, you should be all set. If you tried the troubleshooting steps above and still have difficulty, note that these issues should resolve themselves the next day. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

Despite the message at the top of this screen saying that syncing our device should fix the issue, it hasn’t worked.  It now is skipping 2 hours, 2-4 am. 

C947A398-B533-4AA7-AF50-3679C92159AD.png

F4CF6DFD-C471-4490-92EA-F9686BB387EE.png

6EC18795-C424-4427-A0B5-8C84E9921180.png

I wonder if it goes back to normal tonight.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep log seems to be impacted doubly. My phone and my watch currently match time, but my sleep log is showing I woke up 1 hr in the future! If it were fall, this would be correct, but as it is spring, if it was looking at the old time you would think it should record 1 hr in the past instead of future

received_552487378708176.jpeg

Best Answer

This is terrible. Everything is taking place in the future and nothing is coming up correct. Parts show the right time and others do not. I am on iOS and phone and Fitbit are showing the same information and correct times but the app is terrible with daylight savings time.

Best Answer

I have followed the instructions provided around daylight savings time in NorthAmerica and the problems have not resolved. Is anyone else totally sick and tired of the perpetual problems with the system ?  How can things have gotten so much worse since Google entered the picture??

Best Answer

This is happening to mine too. I did a soft reset multiple times and once it worked so it synced to my phone. However, after a few minutes it went back to the logo screen and will only reset back to the logo screen with soft resets... not sure what to do.

Best Answer

My hourly activity was set to 0700-1600 daily, which is what I want. It changed itself to 0800-1700, which is what I do not want. When I went to change it to the correct time frame the app keeps changing it to all kinds of goofy things and won’t save my desired settings. Get your act together guys. This is why I don’t pay for Premium because you guys can’t be bothered to troubleshoot the basics. 

Best Answer

Are you ever going to fix this bug?

Best Answer

My calories are logging an hour ahead of the time I am in. I have checked the time zone setting, turned off my phone, and deleted and re-downloaded the app. My phone and fitbit device show the correct time (central/Chicago) time, but my data is all logging an hour ahead 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had this same problem with my sleep log and calorie tracker

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t see any specific steps to fix the issue I am seeing where my steps for today is off by one hour. Both the Steps Per Hour and the graphs under today’s steps did not update to the new time from Daylight Savings. This is on both an Android phone and an IPad. I have tried restarting devices. I have double checked settings. This affects my results for the day as it will show that I did no steps the first hour. I am seeing complaints about getting help. Did I make a mistake with this purchase? Charge 3.

Best Answer

@philiposm   I am going to report this again.  I also have a gap, but I have other errors with incorrect times.  

IMG_0591.png

On the graph, the 22:12 start time is correct.  If I hover over the beginning of the graph, it says 23:12.  The 7:22 wake up time is incorrect.  I got up at 6:22.

IMG_0590.png

I expected a one hour gap, like flying across timezones, but not this.

If you want to see your graph like this, do the following.  When you are looking at your main Restoration page, your top screenshot today, rotate the phone to landscape, then tap on the graph.  The graph doesn't autorotate to landscape, but it does autorotate back.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. The sleep is what never seems to sync properly after any daylight savings changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steps per hour is way off today - it keeps changing my start time to an hour later than I try and set it to. Then the stop time keeps changing.
I know that I did 250+ steps between 9 and 10 this morning because I was trying to get the activity started for the day. The dashboard on my iPhone showed that I did. But when I click on the total steps for the day, and drill down to the screen that shows the graph of steps during the day, it shows 0 between 9 and 10. I just rebooted the watch, disconnected and reconnected bluetooth and restarted the app (I restarted the phone earlier today). I see now that it is not showing any steps between 9 and 10 for the last few days (as far as I looked).
Could it be that Fitbit dislikes daylight saving as much as I do?!

Edit: Time is showing correctly on the watch, so I don't understand why the various parts of the app are not syncing!

R.S.
Best Answer

Restarted my phone, un-installed, re-installed, confirmed time zone was correct, manually synced again...still showing heart rate readings for 1 hour ahead of actual time and not enough data for exercise tracking...2 weeks people....OVER THISSSSSS 👆🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sooo after I wake up an hour late Sunday morning because my fitbit alarm didn't  sync and I'm late for work I can reset/sync and everything will be all good?

Best Answer

I wouldn't guarantee it based on what I have seen. You might want to use a back-up alarm (your phone?) until you have confirmation that they have fixed the issues.

R.S.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So my Versa 2 is telling the same time as my iPhone which is correct. On the heart rate tab in the iOS app, however, there is a two hour gap (2:00-4:00am) and all new information is recording as an hour before the correct time ( correct time is 4:53 but most recent heart rate reading on the iOS app is 5:40) 😑 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted both the iPhone and my Versa 2 multiple times, closed the iOS app, and no change. I am so confused. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has reached out, determined I’m under warranty and is replacing my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is doing this with inactivity timers! 

Best Answer