Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtime heart rate on fitbit.com Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I see my real time heart rate on the browser fitbit.com dashboard? I have the heart rate tile visible on this dashboard, but all it shows is graphs about daily, 7 daily etc. These are only afterwards results, I'd like to have the same view and functionality that I have in the app, so seeing the big real time BPM number on the screen as I go. 

My use case: When I exercise I'm connecting my laptop to my tv to follow a program. Program on big tv screen and fitbit dashboard on the laptop screen. I want to exercise on heart rate without constantly having to watch my wrist (I have to really exaggerate the movement in order for the screen to automatically turn on) or keep my phone active (despite having a private phone, my company's device policy states I can't have the screen active indefinitely without activity so have to constantly tap my phone every few minutes).

I googled and checked the forum but all I saw were issues about dashboard on the fitbit device or the fitbit mobile app, not the browser dashboard on fitbit.com. Can someone help? Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @SunsetRunner and welcome to the Help forum.  I'm sorry, but the web dashboard isn't programmed to provide live data.  Actually, live data wasn't available on the mobile app when the app was first released.  It involved a firmware update to the existing devices.  The only way you can see live data is on the mobile app.  I don't think you have any choice, but to set your screen auto lock for as long as possible, if your company says you can't set it to indefinite.  It seems odd that your company can have this policy on a private phone.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LZeeW my company has similar policy about private devices. Maybe even more strict. I run some proprietary software that allows me to access company services and data hence the constraints. Moreover, such software turn off my camera and microphone when I enter certain facilities. Without such software I would need to leave my phone in the deposit box. I believe @SunsetRunner may also be exposed to some sensitive data, hence enhanced security.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t.parker   Thank you for the explanation.  My experience is with my husband's company.  No cell phones in the building at all and there is a very restricted list of allowable fitness trackers.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed I have a work device policy so I can access mail, chat etc. in a separate container so security wise it's quite normal that these kinds of settings are enforced. It's my personal choice that I want to be able to access work stuff on my private phone, these are the company's terms in order to get that.

Thank you for your initial reply though. Perhaps herewith a feature request for this then? Because in my opinion this shouldn't be to hard to implement. I work in IT so I understand that app implementation is not the same as site implementation. But since the data and connections are already there as the app is getting data from the back end, all the front end has to do is show a number based on the data by calling that same back end.

Best Answer
0 Votes