Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a Friend request from a stranger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I got an email, supposedly from someone named Earline L.  I don't know this person but the email had a link I was told to click to accept a friend request from Earline.  I don't know Earline and am not interested in Fitbit as social media.  So I thought I'd reply to the email, but the address is:  "Earline L." <messages-noreply@fitbit.com>

The "no-reply" portion makes me think that my reply will go straight to a trash can.  E-mails that I can't reply to are spam.  I suspect that there is no Earline L, but if there is, how does she even know that I exist and own a Fitbit?  I thought I had privacy settings to prevent this sort of thing.   

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

@top sorry about your mother-in-law, but the internet is full of scams. When one scammer is stopped, a few are ready to take their place. All companies are dealing with this happening. I know people who feel it's safe to order things if they are advertised on a certain social media site, only to discover their money taken and no product delivered. I hope you've been able to take some steps to help your mother-in-law recover some of her funds.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nobody cared ...she freely gave it away her money so regulators said. I even had bank account information to where funds were transferred. Only one person cared....a postal inspector...... mother in law sent a i phone to her "new daughter"...address was abandoned house that scammer was using for deliveries...mail fraud. Nothing happened but at least they acknowledged a crime.
Don Allen, Manager
Happy Snapper North
Best Answer
0 Votes