Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent exercise bike showing 9.72 miles, daily total showing 0.33 miles

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, recent exercise 'bike' is showing 9.72 miles, daily total showing 0.33 miles. A successful sync has taken place after the exercise was completed. Why is this all so disconnected please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Fitbit has no way of knowing what your exercise bike is showing.  All fitbit sees is your heart rate and wrist movement.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, a poorly worded post maybe. In the dashboard 'recent exercise' (bike was the exercise, mountain biking) is showing 9.72 miles, daily total on the dials is showing 0.33 miles. The recent exercise was connected to the phone GPS, so Fitbit knows the router, the distance, the totals of the bike ride, but still it doesn't update to the activity totals. Why is the app and the dashboard so disjointed?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I see, I guess.  I thought you meant an "exercise bike", stationary inside.  but you meant biking as an exercise session.  I figured 9.72 miles was simulated distance shown on the stationary bike but not on fitbit.

If you are talking about daily distance total near the top of the fitbit app dashboard, that includes only step-based activities, not biking, swimming, surfing, or sledding.

Some think it should include biking, but that is not what is does.  However your calories burned do go into daily total.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes