Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent update ruined the app

ANSWERED

What have you done to the app??? I no longer can see my sleep stats. What you now show is useless to me, where is my Light, Rem, Deep stats. Its the only reason I wear the Fitbit! Who updates their app for the worse instead of better????

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I completely agree. There are too many nested pages now requiring constantly navigating back and forth, and you better hope you've got a computer for a brain so that you can actually remember the last twelve pages of overblown graphs you looked at, because heaven forbid all the data be in one concise place like it used to be.

It's SO awful.

There is no way to see trends and correlations anymore. You'll have to write everything down on your own outside the app and then go draw up your own graphs, which utterly defeats the point of the app even existing.

Data visualizations are just as important, if not more important, to the user than the data collection itself is. Without clear and meaningful visualizations, the data might as well not exist. But I guess Google is just farming our data now for their own purposes and couldn't care less what WE want to do with it, as long as THEY have it.

If they actually cared, there would be a timeline of when we can expect meaningful data visualizations to be returned, instead of giving condescending "help" telling us exactly which 20 steps of navigation are required to see the information that used to be available in a single glance.

What I really want to hear is when this travesty of a half-baked "design" will be replaced with an actual design. But I suspect we won't hear that, because they've been dodging that question since at least November already. If they had plans to fix this mess they've made, they would have said so by now, instead of continuing to quietly roll out "updates" that strip more and more usability out of the product while assuring us that they're "listening."

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Came here to ask about this too. I used to use the fitbit for more than sleep, but they ruined your ability to see those stats late last year. Sleep was the only thing left in a usable state, now they've killed that too.

Guess I'll be looking for alternatives to switch to now, since they clearly don't intent to fix this new "upgrade" if the rest of the app is any indication... They said give us a few months to fix it, and instead they do this? Ridiculous.

Best Answer

Yes I complained to them they said is new update and will report the complaint and look into it I guess it won’t change and I will be moving away shame just to many changes and this is last one that’s just for the worse isn’t it

Best Answer

Not only does the hypnogram now look weird on my phone, it cannot be rotated bigger and you cannot press on a spot to know the minutes of, for example, an awakening (WASO).  Also, I cannot get to the dashboard on my Windows 10 laptop.  I'm ready to dump my FitBit Luze and by something from another company.  Any suggestions for something compatible with Android phones and Widows 10?

Best Answer
Sorry I’m not sure but totally agree just absolute rubbish now but I willl be looking into garmin many my friends have garmin I just stuck with Fitbit as liked it but not any more I guess

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

I completely agree and I'm actually really upset about it. The whole point of collecting the data is to compare it and look at it! Why are they hiding the data!!!!! It's the whole point of the fitbit. The data is literally the product I'm paying for and now I can't find find it. 

Best Answer

Hello @LBlilbug 

Which sleep data are you looking for? I'll be happy to help you navigate to it.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can find the data… eventually. It’s just in a stupid place buried in the app and I can only see one day’s REM sleep cycles data at a time instead of being able to compare them like I used to. I know where the data is now it’s just organized in a way that makes it more difficult to access, look at and compare which defeats the point of the app. I want to see all the data so I can compare it. 

Best Answer

I completely agree. There are too many nested pages now requiring constantly navigating back and forth, and you better hope you've got a computer for a brain so that you can actually remember the last twelve pages of overblown graphs you looked at, because heaven forbid all the data be in one concise place like it used to be.

It's SO awful.

There is no way to see trends and correlations anymore. You'll have to write everything down on your own outside the app and then go draw up your own graphs, which utterly defeats the point of the app even existing.

Data visualizations are just as important, if not more important, to the user than the data collection itself is. Without clear and meaningful visualizations, the data might as well not exist. But I guess Google is just farming our data now for their own purposes and couldn't care less what WE want to do with it, as long as THEY have it.

If they actually cared, there would be a timeline of when we can expect meaningful data visualizations to be returned, instead of giving condescending "help" telling us exactly which 20 steps of navigation are required to see the information that used to be available in a single glance.

What I really want to hear is when this travesty of a half-baked "design" will be replaced with an actual design. But I suspect we won't hear that, because they've been dodging that question since at least November already. If they had plans to fix this mess they've made, they would have said so by now, instead of continuing to quietly roll out "updates" that strip more and more usability out of the product while assuring us that they're "listening."

Best Answer

It's not the data that is missing. It's the nice graphics that used to help make it more understandable and readable. 

Best Answer

The old graphics were MUCH better.

Best Answer

Exactly.

Best Answer

I did finally get the data to show up but the graph is so hard to read and work with. This is so frustrating when it used to be easy to navigate.

Best Answer

Ready to move to another brand. Hard to read...no benchmark, can't rotate screen for larger view. Its rubbish.

Best Answer

I agree and so does my husband. I chatted with Fitbit to try to get the old app back and his only answer was try it and get used to it. I've tried it long enough to know I'm done with Fitbit but I guess that wasn't long enough to know whether I like the app. It can't be that hard to make the old app available again. If that is too difficult I guess wearable technology might be too difficult for them too....and I was quite happy with my fitbit until this app update!

Best Answer
I have both a Google Pixel phone and a Google Pixel watch. The dashboard
issue started when I switched browsers on my laptop from Microsft Edge to
Google Chrome, all Google products, go figure! I spend time clearing my
browser cache daily each time I need to input data. My routine is all
messed up now, Grrrr! We all need a real solution sooner rather than
later. Daily status updates from Google need to happen at least.
Best Answer

Hate the new update.  

Best Answer

It's as though they want us to all swap to other brands. Each update makes the app worse. Usually an update is meant to be more appealing 

Best Answer

There's a way to check all the sleep data like the app used to be, through the website https://www.fitbit.com/sleep/, but I agree it's an abomination that they took it out of the app. The app is useless now.

Best Answer
0 Votes