Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Received erroneous lifetime badge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/14

This issue should now be resolved, and the erroneous badges have been removed. Thank you for your patience, everyone!

Our team is aware that some Fitbit users have received an erroneous lifetime badge and we are currently working to resolve this problem. Thanks for everybody’s patience while we work this out and we will keep you posted with updates in this thread!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
246 REPLIES 246
Same here. I just got the Great Wall of china badge. I hope they fix this! Badges are a motivator for me and this is frustrating!
Best Answer

I just got off of the phone with customer service. They said that they are aware of the problem, it has something to do with the mobile apps. So they are working on the problem and hope to resolve it soon. I hope they do, because those distance badges are my motivation.

Best Answer

Today I got the Sahara badge (2983 miles), which is about right.  

Surprisingly I also got the Nile badge (4132 miles), and as I didn't walk 1149 miles today I know this is a mistake.

Can this be fixed please?!

Best Answer
Thank you for the update! I feel the same as you. They are totally my motivation.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Me too! The badges really work for motivation, but they have to be accurate or it doesn't matter. Did they give you a time frame?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got 3 badges today. A friend did also. There's a system error. They better fix it.
Best Answer

Me too. Today I earned three badges in a single day: Africa (5000), Great Wall (5500) and Russian Railway (5772). And I only earned the Nile (4132) back in June. Something is terribly wrong.

Best Answer
From reading other threads, it seems like this has been an issue going back a couple years... You think they would have fixed the issue or have a fix for it by now.
Best Answer
There's a major system problem, it seems. Many people just got unearned badges.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too - I just got both the Sahara and the Nile Badges awarded to me as earned today - totally impossible.  THere is clearly another Fitbit glitch that has happened.  I hope this can get fixed because it is motivating to earn them, but now I have no idea how many miles I have walked since I got the last correct badge a couple of months ago.

Best Answer

I also earned two badges just now, one which makes sense and one that does not. Please, FitBit, can you send us the celebratory notification for the correct badge? Thank you wonderingjane!

Best Answer
It's always great to get badges but today after doing a modest 6 miles I've been given the Nile (4,132miles) Africa (5,000) AND Great Wall (5,550) do you have a bug? I can't dive that far in a day let along walk it!!
Best Answer
Me too! I just got the earth badge, about 2000 miles too soon!
Best Answer

Although I am a faithful walker, there must be a hiccup with Fitbit, because I earned the Nile, Africa, Great Wall and Russian Railway badges just now.

Best Answer

As of yesterday, I was working my way towards 5500 mile badge. As of today, I was awarded not only the 5500 mile badge, but also the 7900 mile badge. I guarantee you, I did not walk 2400 miles today. What's up?

Best Answer
Yup. Me too. 3 badges in one day. My next expected was India at 1997 miles but today I blew past that to Sahara @ 2938 miles. It's nice but not true!!
Best Answer
They didn't give a time frame. Just that they were passing the issue on to IT, and that IT was already aware of the issue. I'm hoping they will send out an email, letting all their customers know there was an issue and that it is being worked on and give a time frame.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I am currently on the phone and the guy told me that I just received all the extra badges because I just synced my fit bit and I hadn't synced since last Thursday, he was telling me that I earned all the badges in the last week. Two things wrong with this, I sync everyday and my lifetime distances is only 1,520. He argued with me telling me that I earned them and didn't realize it. Like I'm an idiot. I'm staring at the info on my dashboard. I think Fitbit is losing a customer.
Best Answer

Hi @Anna49 , @JasonJM

Merged your posts with this thread regarding the badges..

Dear @middleton contacted support and they are aware about. Cat Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

What does this mean?  I just saw on the dashboard that I earned a 200 lb lifetime weight loss badge back in December 2015.  I have been using a Fitbit to track weight for a little more than 2 years. Overall, I have lost about 6 lbs since my highest weight and have fluctuated within about a 10 lb range.  I have never weighed over 145 lbs in my life, so I don't understand how I could have "lost" 200 lbs. How does this badge work or is it another error from Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes