Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep log

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So far I have been unable to receive a detailed sleep log. Exchanged the first AltaHR because I thought it was defective. No change with the replacement. I’ve worn it loose, tight, not so tight, low on the wrist and higher up. Same results each time. I wanted to see the stages like R.E.M. etc. Have also installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Any ideas?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for responding.  I have tried everything. 

The app is on my iPhone right now and has been deleted and reinstalled twice.

I’ve tried wearing the band on the inside of the wrist and inside upper arm.

I’ve tried wearing it tight, not so tight, and sort of loose.

I’ve also tried wearing it on the left side and the right side.

I’ve read that you are NOT supposed to use “Sleep Now” so I haven’t.

And no, I’ve never seen any sleep stages yet.  Only the sleep summary.

I even returned my first AltaHR and got a replacement.  Same results, so I know it isn’t the monitor itself.

Pretty sure my heart keeps beating while I’m sleeping, so it is a mystery.  I’m considering taping it to my chest!

I was wondering if having carpel tunnel surgery could affect this, but that seems highly unlikely.  J

Any insight you can shed would be very welcome!

Kate

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

A very warm welcome to the Forums @BlueSheepKate.

That sounds quite frustrating. I'd like to ask you some questions so that I can better understand what is going on:

• Did you use the app on a mobile device when going to sleep? Did you use the 'Begin sleep now' button?
  • Have you ever gotten the sleep stages? If so, when?

In the meantime I'd recommend that you try to put the tracker's HR monitor on the inside of your wrist when you go to sleep. That could improve the HR reading and thus get the tracker to display sleep stages.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding.  I have tried everything. 

The app is on my iPhone right now and has been deleted and reinstalled twice.

I’ve tried wearing the band on the inside of the wrist and inside upper arm.

I’ve tried wearing it tight, not so tight, and sort of loose.

I’ve also tried wearing it on the left side and the right side.

I’ve read that you are NOT supposed to use “Sleep Now” so I haven’t.

And no, I’ve never seen any sleep stages yet.  Only the sleep summary.

I even returned my first AltaHR and got a replacement.  Same results, so I know it isn’t the monitor itself.

Pretty sure my heart keeps beating while I’m sleeping, so it is a mystery.  I’m considering taping it to my chest!

I was wondering if having carpel tunnel surgery could affect this, but that seems highly unlikely.  J

Any insight you can shed would be very welcome!

Kate

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @BlueSheepKate.

Thanks for reaching back and letting me know everything that you have tried. I'd like to ask you some follow-up questions taking what you mentioned into account:

• How's the HR tracking during the day? Are you getting any moments with no reading? 
  • Are the readings accurate?
  • Do you suffer from any sort of heart condition? Perhaps your HR is higher than usual?
  • Are you eating right before going to sleep? This could increase your HR and thus cause the tracker to not recognize your sleep stages.
  • Same would apply for sleeping stressed our or overly tired.

Look forward to your reply. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The HR tracker seems to be working just fine during the day and as far as I can tell they are accurate.  And I am positive that my heart rate and blood pressure are completely normal.  The sleep tracker seems to think when I get up in the middle of the night to pee that that signals the end of my sleep cycle and occasionally the time is off as to when I finally do get up (usually like an hour).  I may have a small snack right before going to bed - I'll not do that tonight and see if there is any difference.  And haven't been overly stressed or tired lately (although I am a paralegal and so stress is common).  Thanks for trying to help me figure this out.   Kate

Best Answer

@BlueSheepKateOccasionally I have experienced the same thing... If you get up for a bathroom break and Fitbit sees that as broken sleep, and in my case, it can create 1 old style sleep record plus a correct sleep record because the duration of sleep isn't long enough.. It needs at least 3 hours to create the new sleep stages.

When this occurs with me, I edit the offending sleep log, delete it, then edit the correct sleep log with the correct start and finishing times of the total sleep time.

If it was a prolonged awake time it will show as red..in this example the first session was the old style sleep graph and I deleted that and edited the second graph and gave it the "falling asleep time" of the first graph.

sleep 3oct17.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Thanks for the update @BlueSheepKate! Thanks for chiming in @Colinm39.

@Colinm39's way to go about it seems like a great workaround. Having said that, do let me know how it went without a snack before going to sleep. Perhaps it did help.

Look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes