Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some days with zero activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why have my weekly stats suddenly started showing several days with zero activity, usually weekend days?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

Hey there @LouiseinLondon. Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your weekly report showing some days with zero activity 😕

Something to keep in mind that is very important is to make sure to sync your tracker constantly. If you don't sync your tracker on weekends, by the time you get your weekly report, most likely, it will show those days with no activity at all.

If you think this is not the problem, please, let me know so that we can take a deeper look!

PS. I'm moving your post to the Fitbit.com Dashboard board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  For example, on Tuesday I meet my step and activity goal, and the same on Wednesday. But the weekly exercise tracker shows all activity for Tuesday, but zero activity on the chart for Wednesday.   And I do sync pretty much once an hour. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @bcar. Good to see you in the Fitbit Community  Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're also having problems with this. Now, I'd like to make sure, is this something you're seeing in the weekly report you receive to your email or is it directly on your Dashboard? Is this on your computer or on the Fitbit app?

Is there a chance you can send me a screenshot of how it looks like?

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi-  thanks for the response!

This is happening on the dashboard on my app on iPhone. I can make some screenshots, but to where do I send them?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly! Fitbit need to fix this irritating data issue. You’re absolutely right, syncing makes no difference. I sync at least once a day and still get this problem. Equally, if I don’t sync for a few days for some reason, there may be no loss of data for those days in the weekly stats. Therefore Fitbit telling us to sync frequently in bit the solution.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks a lot for the feedback @LouiseinLondon @bcar. Now, I'm just trying to understand where is it that the problem is located. Are you referring to the Activity tile where it shows which days you have been active and there's a little man running?

@bcar, you can do this by replying from the Community directly, not from your email. You will see options at the top of the text field where you can attach a picture. It should look like the screenshot below:

composing a post.png

I'll be looking forward for your replies!

Best Answer
0 Votes

" Are you referring to the Activity tile where it shows which days you have been active and there's a little man running?" -- Yes, but also in the graphs that you get when you click on that tile. 

I have tried to attach screenshots here on my PC, but when I click n the camera icon, I get a dialogue box that is titled "Insert/Edit image", but i cannot manage upload the images from my desktop. In the box for Source, I can't seem to insert any sort of picture file.  I have tried this action several times in both Chrome and Internet Explorer. 

I also tried to do it via my iphone browser,as it appears in your example image. I get the same dialgue bix as beforebut no way to actually attach the pic. This is pretty frustrating, on top of the original complaint of the tile not working....

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, that is the problem. Showing zero activity on days I’ve been very active, even exceeding my goals. It’s really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same issue - appears there are a few of us with this issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, thanks for your feedback. Fitbit needs to get this issue resolved. Bit like the 1261 steps which went on each week for months.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @LouiseinLondon @Andramara @bcar, thanks for getting back and sharing your feedback with me and great to see you around too!

Now, I'd like to know if you have by any chance tried to log out of the app and log back in and see if that makes any difference. It may not resolve the issue of exercise for previous days not showing up but it should prevent this from happening in the future. Also, have you checked your dashboard on your computer to see if the exercises probably show up there?

Please, let me know if logging out and back helps or not. I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Ferdinand,
That was one of the first moves I made to see if that would work - it
didn't.
Thanks, Andra
Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know @Andramara! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that this is still happening 😕 I'll see if there's anything else that could be going on and if I have any update I'll be sure to let you guys know. Also if you notice anything different or if the issue seems to sort itself out, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still have screenshots from last week’s post but no way to share them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @bcar and don't worry! I just needed them because I was unsure of what the issue was but now I know what is going.

As soon as I get any update, I'll let you know and please, keep reporting if you see anything else!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same issue.  Please let us know the status of the resolution.

Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same and it started last week. I link my activity from the Strava app as I track all my work out cycle rides and walks. when I log as a walk the activity and calories are logged correctly then both values are removed shortly after from the dashboard. Although they are in the exercise section with the heartrate, the calories change from actual variance over the exercise to and averaged out calories per minute so it becomes a straight line graph

So I lose on average 350 calories and 1 hour of active minutes

I also had the problem of not being able to log food but this is now sorted with the last update.

As you say frustrating

Having said all that, fitbit has been a great help to lose 14 lbs since mid June as I can track what exercise I have to do compared to my food intake

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering whether there has been a resolution to the missing data problem. I, too, beginning a couple of days ago, am showing no exercise at all. My goals haven't changed, my activity level hasn't changed, but after four active weeks, suddenly nothing for exercise.

Any fixes on the horizon?

I appreciate your help.

Marilyn M. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Pandamm@Jim-In-Cheshire and @Halfcrazymama!

At this time we do not have any news or updates on the matter, but we'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we do. 

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding through this situation.

Feel free to let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes