Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps aren't adding up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my fitbit about two days with a friend of mine. I noticed that my steps weren't updating like her's when I look at the friends page on the app. For example, when I look at my friends list, my friend has 13,000 steps while I only have 27. I didn't move much but I definitely should have more than that. When I click on her profile it says she averages over 6,000 steps a day. While my profile says I average 27 steps a day. My Dashboard on my laptop says I average 4 steps a day and have 27 lifetime steps. My dashboard on the app currently says I've taken 833 steps today. For some reason, my steps from yesterday were erased. I had a little over 4,000 but when I go back to look at yesterdays stats, everything is zeroed. Did I do something wrong with the set up? I'm a bit confused.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @SweetChia.

Thanks for sharing this strange experience in here.

Could it be possible that you created two separate accounts by mistake? I'd recommend that you try to log out from the app and the web Dashboard and then log back in. Be sure to manually enter your email address and password so that you are 100% that you have entered the same on both ends. 

Aside from that, could you share some screen shots from both ends? Seeing the differences that you mentioned would definitely be helpful to better understand the situation.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes