Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Report Showing the Wrong Loss/Gain Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update - 02/28/18: Our engineering team has released a fix for the weekly report issue and you should see a more accurate depiction of your week-over-week step difference. Thanks for sticking it out and being very patient.

Please keep in mind that our system submits weekly report totals between Sunday night (11:59P) and early Monday morning. In order for our system to generate a complete week’s worth of data in a weekly report, the tracker must sync by Sunday night or early Monday morning to be included in the weekly report. Reports are sent out Mondays and continue through Tuesday of every week.

For those of you who reported the week-over-week step difference was off, let's wait for next week's weekly report to see if the accuracy is improved. I welcome you to continue providing any feedback regarding your experience. Thanks everyone!

Fitbit Update - 09/12/17: Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. After looking at my own weekly report emails and speaking with our team, I can confirm that the loss/gain step data on Fitbit Weekly Reports has affected many if not all users. Rest assured that this issue is on our radar and our engineering team is currently investigating. When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update this thread to keep everyone in the loop. I appreciate your patience. Robot Happy

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.13.10 AM.png

Best Answer
174 REPLIES 174

Step totals are way off, claiming an increase/decrease of >10K steps when if you look at the last week's email the difference is under 1K in last week's number vs. this week's number. And while it's saying I'm down more than 10K this week in steps, miles it says are "the same" which seems hard to fathom.

Mystery.PNG

Best Answer

I see the same sort of thing, but at least for me the NUMBER OF STEPS is ACCURATE. The issue is that regardless of my actual DIFFERENCE week to week the Weekly Progress Report is stating that the difference is 10,281 "more than" or "less than" the previous week. For me, the actual difference is I did 206 more steps than last week, not 10,281.

I went back through my archives and the last time the DIFFERENCE was accurate was on July 3. Since then every Weekly Progress Report says the difference was 10,281...

Best Answer

Oh indeed, I've been up or down 10,281 steps every week since July 3. So maybe everything else is accurate and it's just that one number that is wrong. Weird bug if it's tell *everyone* that number for a month now...

Best Answer

Hi, for the last 6 weeks, the weekly progress report email has showed the same number of steps since the previous - always 10,281. Sometimes it is shown as an increase, and sometimes as a decrease, but always 10,281. 

This number was probably correct when it first appeared in the weekly report on July 11th, but the following week (18th July) the report only showed data from Monday, no data all for the other 6 days, (event though I was wearing the Blaze all week) and still claimed "10,281 fewer than last week". I normally do between 50,000 and 60,000 so even based on one day the figure was wrong.

And since that report on the 18th, every week it shows 10,281 as the difference in steps, when in fact most weeks the difference is about 5,000 steps. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I've just noticed that my steps, whether up or down from the previous week, also differ by 10,281. (I've only compared three previous reports.) Come on, Fitbit - this isn't good enough!

Best Answer

For the past 6 weeks when I get my e-mail, it will tell me if I got more or less steps than the previous week, but it always tells me that I got 10,281 steps more or less. I would appreciate it if you could fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here - I didn't find your posting before I posted the same issue today. Lots of us having the same problem, with the same "10,281" each week. Hope this can be reported back to the develops, as it's clearly not an isolated bug

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first time it said 10,281, my step difference was only about 500.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ian_D.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our team is already aware of the situation and we're waiting for any news on the matter. Whenever we do receive any news or solutions we will be sure to let everyone know, however at this time nothing has been said. 

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I came on this Forum just to find out if anyone else was having a similar problem... and yes, exactly that number is what I get each week no matter how many steps I walk!

Best Answer

Hey @pmorena.

I'll be sure to keep my eyes open in case any news show up.

Perhaps you could visit some of our Discussion boards if you decide to stick around. Lots of different topics that you can discuss with other members.

Hope to see you around. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue has been occurring since early July! Do you need to hire some better programmers or something?

Best Answer

Hello @PeterWombat.

I can absolutely understand how this happening for such a long amount of time can be frustrating. Please do know that we take situations like these seriously and that our team is definitely working on it. Whenever we get any news we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For many weeks, while my data is all correct, if my steps have gone up from last week it tells me I have done 10,281 more than last week. If my steps have gone down it will say I have done 10,281 less. So current week's data is fine but the step comparator to last week always seem to be stuck as 10,281 up or down?? I would have told Fitbit direct but I am not joining Twitter just to send a message!

Best Answer

@JonRow, you are correct!  I had not noticed that, since I don't pay attention to that number, but after seeing your post I went back to look at the last 4 Weekly Progress Reports, and all of them show either 10,281 more or less steps than the previous report.  The number is not correct on any of the reports.

Best Answer

@JonRow I wouldnt join twitter either! Fortunately there are other ways to contact Fitbit!

Contact Support

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Yep, I am seeing the same thing!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am seeing exactly the same thing, in every email going back to the first one in July. It is always 10,281, either up or down.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes