Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Report Showing the Wrong Loss/Gain Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update - 02/28/18: Our engineering team has released a fix for the weekly report issue and you should see a more accurate depiction of your week-over-week step difference. Thanks for sticking it out and being very patient.

Please keep in mind that our system submits weekly report totals between Sunday night (11:59P) and early Monday morning. In order for our system to generate a complete week’s worth of data in a weekly report, the tracker must sync by Sunday night or early Monday morning to be included in the weekly report. Reports are sent out Mondays and continue through Tuesday of every week.

For those of you who reported the week-over-week step difference was off, let's wait for next week's weekly report to see if the accuracy is improved. I welcome you to continue providing any feedback regarding your experience. Thanks everyone!

Fitbit Update - 09/12/17: Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. After looking at my own weekly report emails and speaking with our team, I can confirm that the loss/gain step data on Fitbit Weekly Reports has affected many if not all users. Rest assured that this issue is on our radar and our engineering team is currently investigating. When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update this thread to keep everyone in the loop. I appreciate your patience. Robot Happy

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.13.10 AM.png

Best Answer
174 REPLIES 174

Another week, and Fitbit still doesn't know how to do basic math.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

This is not release specific.  I've noticed that the weekly stats summary always shows a difference in steps of 10281.   It is always the same number and the same for my wife with a different tracker.  I have a charge 2 and she has an Alta.

just curious as to why it's never been changed in all this time.

David

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue with my Alta HR since July. What gives? How does something like this take so long to resolve?

Best Answer

I've had this same problem for at least a couple months!

It is not a complex programming task to take data you're obviously storing in a database, do some subtraction, and produce a report.

It doesn't say much about Fitbit customer service that this fix is taking so long!

Best Answer

I’m glad they are checking it out. I usually get about 75,000 steps and it shows I had 42,000

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed this problem since July 10, the same as all other users.  Three months is more than enough time to have fixed this bug.

So, I suggest all users resolve it themselves.  They should make sure the walk exactly 10,281 more or fewer steps than the previous week to ensure the email communication is accurate until the software bug is fixed.

Seriously Fitbit, how long does this take to get fixed?

Best Answer

My problem with my One is that the weekly summary email shows my week start as Monday, whereas on my iPhone App it is set to Sunday.  Logged in to the website and checked my profile on line and it is set to Sunday.  So why does the summary email show Monday as week start??

Bee like that for over a year!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! The solution was staring us in the face the whole time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto. Unsolved problem #2 Related to #1?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is crazy that's it's taking so long to fix this issue!

Best Answer

I agree that it’s taking fat too long for this to be fixed. I just got my weekly report yesterday and once again the difference between the number of steps I took last week and this week is the generic 10,281.

It’s almost like they’re running some beta version of the program that just plugs in that number until someone gets around to coding  the simple arithmetic to produce the correct number!

Why don’t they just fix it?

Best Answer

PS. Why am I described as a “recovery runner”? I don’t even know what that is, and I sure don’t remember describing myself that way somewhere. Where does that come from?

Best Answer

Oct 2 - 8Oct 2 - 8Oct 9 -15Oct 9 -15Oct 16 - 22Oct 16 - 22

I have that 10,281 problem too.

Also my distance in groups is wrong.

My total here is 464.16 km yet in a group my distance is only

Jamie
  • 325.2 km
  • 14 avg.

Seem they're pretty hopeless at basic maths and fixing coding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I walk between 6 and 7 kms every day but my fitbit is recording about 1/3 of this.

Do you know what the problem is?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate things can take a while to fix but it is over a month now and still this is wrong??

Separately - my app seems to be forcing me to log back in much more frequently in recent weeks. I would tend to go into the app on my iPhone once a day and perhaps as much as half the time I now find I have to log back in - why??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone else noticed that Fitbit also doesn't know how to add when it comes to giving credit for 250 steps in an hour? I nearly always have to do more than 300 before I get credit for 250.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
Wish I could help you. I solved my problem by phoning directly to Fitbit.
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not fixed...glad to see the issue here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On your weekly report, does anyone else's up or down from previous week not add up?

"10,281 fewer than last week" has stayed the same for me for a few weeks but the actual difference is not 10,000+.

Last week: 82,187 total steps 

previous week: 84,069 total steps 

3 weeks ago: 87,865 total steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

So when is this going to be fixed? I've been a Fitbit user for three years now and this is infuriating. I can't imagine how we're now MONTHS into this problem and Fitbit cares so little. I check my email every Monday afternoon for my weekly report and get irritated because it's wrong week after week after week. Please help your customers. I don't just wear my tracker for fun  

Best Answer