Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Issues with Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Okay so I have taken to syncing almost daily (if not twice a day now since I had time Sync issues).  So today I did a sync around 10:00 PM ET and my app on from phone (Galaxy S6 running Droid 7) shows that I did 5454 steps which matches my fitbit.  Go to the website and it says I have not been sync'ing my fitbit and it shows several days of no sync.  But my app shows daily records.  I want to know what the H is going on.

First at the start of this month I complained about sync taking hours to get time correct and get an excuse from Fitbit that I should enable continuous sync.  Once I get that resolved without enabling continuous sync and killing my batter I get this issue this week.

I am serious considering dumping Fitbit at this rate for another product if they can't get their apps working correctly.

As an SEI (Software Engineering Institute) Alumni and a Six-Sigma Green Belt I would rank the software and the code a -1 on our scale.  Just my 2 cents.

Joel

Andhanni - North Georgia Area - Fitbit Blaze - "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Hey @Andhanni.

Thanks for sharing your experience and expertise, this definitely sounds quite bothersome. To be sure, and in case it helps other users looking into this, have you tried logging out and then back into your Dashboard as to force it to reload all information. To log out you only have to click on the gear icon on the top-left corner.

Additionally, try to clear the cache and the cookies from the browser. 

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi @LanuzaFitbit:

While the idea of logging out and re logging in is welcomed.  Clearing Cache also is a solid idea.  Neither of these resolved my issue especially considering that the email I am getting for the last week shows no sync even when the weekly email even shows your system is not getting the information when my phone is showing it syncing.

Fitbit issue email.PNG

Andhanni - North Georgia Area - Fitbit Blaze - "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Andhanni

Thanks for reaching back. While the email is not reflecting your information, are the details showing on the web version of the Dashboard? 

Look forward to your reply. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my Blaze watch. For some reason, it stopped syncing right before the new year. I have tried all the recommendations, but I can't get it to sync at all now. The watch works fine, but it is not syncing with my iphone any longer.

Any other suggestions? Do I need to get a new watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KathyBomba

That sounds bothersome. In this case I'd recommend that you try the following steps:

1. Get into your iPhone's Bluetooth settings and look for your Blaze in there.
  2. Remove it from the paired devices list.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and go into the account tab and tap on 'Setup a New Device'.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions and then it should start syncing once again.

Hope this helps you out. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer

I tried deleting my Blaze and setting it up again but that didn’t work. Nothing has worked. 

From what others have posted, Fitbit doesn’t have a solution and not a lot of support for its customers.

This is truely disappointing and the company is going to lose a lot of buyers. I won’t tell anyone to buy a Fitbit. It’s been days now and it still doesn’t work. I guess I have to go to one of the competitors like Apple to purchase a new watch. This makes me sad because I liked my Blaze, but I don’t like how Fitbit is handling this for its customers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KathyBomba.

Thanks for reaching back and letting me know that it didn't work.

I do have some follow-up question. Have you synced your Blaze to any other devices? If so, do you still have them with you? Do you get any error message?

Best Answer

So I have not been the best at keeping this thread going with the Sync issues I am having still.  So according to the fitbit web site.  The last time I was able to sync was the 18th of the month.  Which was the last time I traveled to a different time zone.  That was my return from Texas to my time zone and it took me 3 hours to get the sync to work to get my fit bit back on the correct time.

Now I know that something has changed cause the app on my phone appears to be syncing with the fitbit device on my wrist more efficiently, but then getting the sync to work with the fitbit site seems to be what is the problem.

I have my wifi on my phone enabled and still regardless of the daily updating I attempt nothing seems to process wit fitbit.  This is becoming a very frustrating event.  I am open to ideas.

Regards,

Andhanni

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Andhanni.

Thanks for reaching back.

I'd like to make sure I fully understand. The tracker is syncing with your phone but the information is not coming through to the web version of the Dashboard. Is that correct?

Best Answer

Hi @LanuzaFitbit

Yes the app on my phone will appear to sync with my Blaze and reflect my activity.  This normally takes about 1 minutes for the bar to go from left to right across the top.  Once done it reflects the steps/activity that my blaze also reflects.  But it does not show up in the Web Portal.  Normally that will take several SYNC attempts (pull down on the app to refresh) and at times a relaunch of the app along with possibly a reboot of the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit

Here is a current Screen shot of both my phone app and the dashboard to help.DashboardDashboardAppApp

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Andhanni.

Thanks for the pictures and getting back to me.

I'm trying to look further into this situation. Is there any chance that you could try to log in using a different browser?

Best Answer

Hi @LanuzaFitbit

Sorry for the delay, but need a bit of clarification.  Are you meaning to check the information.  If that is the case I have checked on both Firefox and IE as well with the same results.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Andhanni.

Thanks for reaching back.

A couple more things I'd like you to try. If you go to a previous day, does anything show?

Second, let's try removing that tile from your Dashboard and then adding it again. To remove the tile hover your mouse over it until the small gear icon shows on the lower left corner of the tile. Then, click on the small icon with 9 squares on the top left corner of the Dashboard itself.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit:

Here is at 6:33-4 this morning...

Today showing last Sync according to Site...

fit1.PNG

Then Yesterday (Friday) per your request...

fit2.PNGNotice that even though it says it was a sync at 9:00 in the morning it shows no steps which is not possible since I leave my cell phone in my home office and have to walk at least 50 steps from my bedroom to my office alone 🙂

Then finally here is Thursday's on the computer:

fit3.PNG

Please note that I used Firefox for these not Google Chrome as I had with the last set of images and needed to login cause I had logged out the last time I used Firefox.

Now here is my phone app this morning for today.

Screenshot_20180203-063428.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Andhanni.

Thanks for those pictures.

I will pass this on to the rest of the team. Whenever we receive any updates on the matter we'll be letting you know. 

If you have any further questions in the meantime, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit just wanted to follow up since it has been a week to see if you have any news.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit wanted to follow-up.

Here is what the system is reporting today

Screenshot_20180215-114010.pngFit4.PNG

Considering that I sync daily too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Andhanni.

Thanks for reaching back. Nothing new at the moment. 

I'll be sure to come back whenever I do get any news on the situation.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes