Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiles not loading on Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not all my tiles are loading on my dashboard - it's been that way all morning.  The Steps, Calories In vs Calories Out, Food Plan, and Activity Goals show, but the remaining tiles just show a loading circle.  I've tried different browsers (IE, Firefox, and Chrome), but it's the same across all browsers no matter how long I give it to load.

broken.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
44 REPLIES 44

When I click back, I can see the information from the previous day with the exception of 2 tiles (Friends, which wouldn't show anything anyway, and one unknown that I can't remember what it was).  I'd clicked back almost 2 weeks, so fairly sure I went back far enough to try to duplicate your action.

When I click forward, the previous day's information gets stuck as my tiles.  It's not actually today's information that is showing for me.  

If I refresh, it all goes back to spinning.  

But it is useful to know if I just wait a day, I can see the tiles from yesterday.  Not exactly helpful in monitoring my current day, but useful to know I suppose.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been happening on my Mac as well for the last couple of days.  Since it is happening a lot on different machines and browsers, it sounds more like a server issue, but that's my non-technical perspective.

Isn't it funny that there hasn't been a post from FitBit? Come on guys, the bigger you get, the more problems you have. Stop working on all the new stuff and fix the old stuff first!

Best Answer

The tiles have not been loading (except for the running total of what I have done today tile) for me either since 8/19/2016. I have tried on my home pc (windows 10), ipad, kindle fire and work pc (windows 8). Nothing on any machine so I doubt the windows, silk and apple platforms have all failed or have become "bugged". It does load properly on my Samsung s6; for now. I have tried the "computer fixes" and it does not change a thing (restarting, emptying cache, using chrome/edge/exlorer). I am sure it is a FitBit software/webapp issue and not a PC hardware issue. Can somebody at FitBit read the posts and try to fix it. Scanning the pages it does not look like I am alone.

Best Answer

Hi there @judgeh59, welcome aboard to our Community. If by cleaning the cache of your browser does not work as @RodrigoFitbit recommended. I suggest the following since I had a similar issue and what I did as a workaround, is just moving around previous days and going back to today's date. This should load and display your tiles correctly. If is not working, I saw a different post from @Beth2016 who experienced the same issue. It worth to take a look at this post for additional information.

If this is not helping please take a moment to reach out to our Support Team and let them know of your efforts to troubleshoot the issue and what you've already done. I have full faith that they will be able to advise you of the next steps after reviewing the issue with you.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

yes, moving between days does turn on some of the tiles but not all BUT it changes my setting and the pounds change to Kilo's...I looked at Beth's "solution" but I didn't actually see a solution...."I changed IT on my phone"....I don't know what "IT" is....so, still no joy....I have already contacted tech support through email and haven't received a reply yet....thanks for giving me more ideas.....:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @judgeh59. @bamabecky @rphillips1 if you're still experiencing this, I recommend trying to change your locale to either UK, Germany, or U.S.

Let me know if this helps! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorSilvana | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer

I changed it to UK and saved and it didn't fix the issue....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I am having this same issue. I have cleared cookies and chache, changed my region and tried different web browers. Is there anything else to try? This issue has been going on for over a week

cheers

Best Answer

I was having the same issue and was goining insane for a few days.  Got really frustrated and took a shot in the dark by turning all my tiles off and then back on again.  It worked and has been fine ever since.  Hope this helps anybody with this issue.

Best Answer

How did you turn them off?  I can't get to the setting to remove the individual tiles from my dashboard.

(So yeah, this is me also saying that I'm still having this issue, and no solution has worked yet.  Fitbit's support center has just said "we recognize you're having this problem, and please have patience while we look into it" when I've contacted them.)

Best Answer

Nevermind!  This did indeed fix my issue.  I only had 4 of the tiles that I could remove (as they were the only ones I could get to the trash can to delete them), but once I removed those 4, then refreshed, the page did indeed correct itself.

So that solution at least worked for me.  Remove the functioning tiles, refresh, and then you can re-add those tiles to the dashboard and it *fingers crossed* still works appropriately.

Hope this works for the others that are having issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried deleting tiles one at a time and after 4 deletes the "spinning tiles" started to function normally. I dragged the deleted tiles back over and now everything works fine. Thanks for the advice and so far a solution too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This "solution" worked.  Thanks to the person who discovered it and posted it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to mess around for a while to figure out how to turn tiles off and on, because I've never used that feature before; just left things alone with the default set. So, for other users - there's a little patch of nine squares at the top left corner of the page. Click that and you'll find some tiles you can add to your dashboard. To turn off tiles, hover over one until the little gear appears on its lower edge. Click that, and you'll see that you can delete that tile. To add it back in, use the nine-square tile-adding thingy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@judgeh59 @Shane_Brisbane at this point I would suggest contacting support for further assistance

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer

@bamabecky @rphillips1 @judgeh59 @Shane_Brisbane I've moved your post to this thread where users are experieincing and discussing the same issue. Here, we will post troubleshooting steps and any updates. 

In the meantime, and as a workaround, I recommend trying what @Just.Breathe suggested and turning off the tiles. 

Let me know if this helps! 

Best Answer

My issue started when I changed my "flights of stairs" goal to zero (I have a bad ankle (recovering from a break) and 10 flights are still hard for me). I think it was trying to divide my actual flights by a zero denominator and spun for days. When I changed the goal to 2 flights (more manageable), it stopped spinning and has worked ever since (about 3 weeks).

To Fitbit: Should be an easy programming fix with an "If then" statement "If goal > zero, flights/goal, else 0"

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome @bamabecky thank you for your feedback!

See you around 🙂

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer

Hi everybody. This should be fixed for you but let me know if you are still experiencing the issue and I can further investigate. 

Thanks! 

Best Answer

Some of the Tiles on Dashboard are not loading...

Best Answer
0 Votes