Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reuse Google account after deleting Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use Google to sign in. When I deleted Fitbit from my Google account during troubleshooting of login problems, it turned out that this means I will never again be able to use the same Google account with Fitbit at all. Please allow re-registering to Fitbit with a previously used (but presently unused) Google account!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As if the frustrating hours I already spent with your support, getting nowhere in the end, would not be enough to ask from one of your users.

Whatever. I just returned it for a Garmin. Worked like a charm right out of the box and I recommend it to everyone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

It seems part of my feedback disappeared. It continued:

Expecting your users to abandon their Google identity and/or create new junk Google accounts, just because at one time they decided to leave Fitbit, is just hostile. This would clutter other Google services such as Gmail and Android for no good reason, and I can't possibly imagine it's Google policy for a service to retire whole identities in this way.

You can't possibly be serious. The natural solution when leaving Fitbit would be to retire the Fitbit profile associated with the identity, but to keep accepting the identity as such. If/when a user logs in again with the same identity, simply treat them as a new user and give them a new profile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and can't use my google account.  Would like to know a solution to use my existing google account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is such a silly issue, Fitbit. This has to be fixed 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have always liked Fitbit but I am considering switching fitness trackers if I have to create a new email just for my Fitbit

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

Hi there, @Europrobe and @Mcav75@Jreed76 Welcome to the community forums.

I've moved your post to another board related to the Fitbit.com Dashboard so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for the details and steps that you've tried so far. Before anything else, let me explain that when deleting a Fitbit account from Google, you'll need to wait around 30 days in order to use the same Google account to create a Fitbit account.

Keep in mind that when deleting a Fitbit account, you'll have 7-days of grace to recover your account if you change your mind. This means that you can select the option to log in and use the same credentials to access your existing account. To learn more about the process and time frames when deleting a Fitbit account, I'd encourage you to check this help article.

In case you're having a different issue, please provide me with as many details as you can, as well as screenshots of any error message displayed as this will help me to investigate on my end.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. But I am disappointed that you repeat the same false information that got me into the mess in the first place. It is simply not true that you can reuse the same Google account after 30 days. It's now been over two months and it still does not work. I've attached a screenshot, though I have to apologize it's in Swedish. The text says "Since you deleted Fitbit from the Google account you have to log in again with a new account".

1000000767.jpg

Best Answer

@Europrobe It's good to see you again.

Thank you for sharing the screenshot with me. I understand your frustration and I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

I'd like to clarify that you should be able to reuse your Google account after the time frame you have mentioned. Because this hasn't been your case, I've requested a case on your behalf so that our Support team can investigate and provide you with assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As if the frustrating hours I already spent with your support, getting nowhere in the end, would not be enough to ask from one of your users.

Whatever. I just returned it for a Garmin. Worked like a charm right out of the box and I recommend it to everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Europrobe.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and your efforts while working on this matter. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry for the frustrating experience that you had when creating your Fitbit account. We're always working to improve our devices and services, and we value the input we receive from our members as it helps us to make that happen. Please know that you're always welcome back to the Fitbit family.

Best Answer
0 Votes