Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming changes to the Weight Tracking Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2/10/2018

Please see this post for additional updates based on user feedback.

--

1/3/2018

Hi again! Just wanted to let you all know that the improvements to the Weight page is now live. Hope you like the new look! Smiley Happy

--

Hi everyone! We are excited to announce the launch of our updated website dashboard Weight Page, planned to go live in the coming year. This update will provide a great new aesthetic, interface improvements, and better alignment with the Fitbit app so that you have a consistent experience no matter where you are. 

In the updated interface, you'll now be able to edit any weight entry, rather than having to delete and recreate them to make changes. You'll also be able to set Weight Goals right from the dashboard, as well as clearly visualize weight entries on the graph using a new tool tip.

You might notice that weight badges are now found exclusively in the Badge Locker, to organize all your achievements in a single location. You'll find an easy link to your badges on the right side of the page.

Also note that you may occasionally see the weight tile on your dashboard differ from recent weigh-ins by a tiny amount (usually 0.1). Our team is aware of this, and working to resolve it in an upcoming release. Your Weight Page data should always be correct.

We will add some screenshots soon to aid in visualizing the change. We hope you enjoy the new look and features on the updated Weight Page! Please let us know if you have any questions about this feature or if we can help you get familiar with the changes.

Best Answer
262 REPLIES 262

Well, it was there and has now reverted back.  I have a screen shot I took on my iPad this morning.  Sorry for the false hope...

Best Answer

Oh buggar! I also got excited and rushed to look at the page.

Huge disappointment to see it still looked the same.

Come on Fitbit!! How hard can it be to revert back to what it was. There's no shame in providing what your customers want, and admitting your update is crap.

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer

Alas, the weight chart now only goes back two years, not for the entire time I've been a loyal Fitbit customer -- more than four years!  Why????  There is not excuse for not showing the entire range.  Disappointing!  Not an improvement!

Best Answer

The new user interface is really awful. Information has been lost, I can't go back and forth between the 3 different measures that were in the old interface and were useful in motivation when one aspect wasn't as I'd hoped. Rounded off measurements are not useful. Accuracy is what is expected. You don't get on a scale and wonder if it decided today to round up or down a pound. Also the new color scheme is almost impossible to read. Light blue on a white background does not offer enough contrast. Please bring back the old interface. It was simple, yes, but conveyed the information accurately and clearly and was extremely useful. It worked and it worked well. If it's not broken don't fix it. I've been a fitbit user for 6 years or so but over the past few years I noticed the quality of the trackers has decreased. I stayed with it because of the dashboard, but with usability gone there is no reason to stay. Like others I have become a member just so I could comment on this change because it is truly horrible. Please bring back the old interface or allow users to choose for themselves which they want to use. At any rate I have deleted all tiles off my dashboard and will no longer be adding information. Very disappointing.

Best Answer

Please bring back the 'old' dashboard. The new one is a disaster that is not fit-for-purpose.

Best Answer

Ugh, so I am trying to download all the data from the last three years, and the interface for that is also terrible. Instead of letting me select the month and year separately, you have to click back one month at a time from January 2018 to January 2015!!! Then do the same for the end of date range. 

After downloading January and February of 2015, I now cannot select any dates in March 2015, as they are grayed out. 

Looks like doing this will take forever. Why in the hell can't I just download the entire range of data that Fitbit has stored for me? This is absurd! 

The only reason I haven't looked into other trackers is that I love my Aria scale and the fact that my weight data goes back three years. If Fitbit makes this worthless, I'm off to another brand. The Charge HR and Alta both fell apart on me, forcing me to superglue the bands together. 

Best Answer

@octothorp I agree wholeheartedly. It's really upsetting and terribly frustrating.

@octothorp wrote:

I can no longer view my full weight history since 2014.

This tile on the Dashboard website is the primary reason I stick with FitBit and have not gone to Apple Watch. I love the data and the website. Now it appears to be crappy like others. How do I get the old views back?

1. I cannot see the horizontal bars any longer that used to show your objectives.

2. The graph no longer shows the time of the weight event.

3. I use my FULL history for motivation and cannot get it any longer.

4. When manually entering the date range it tells me the range must be between 7 days and 2 years.  That is not true either.  The range is limited to 2 years minus one day.  1/1/2016-12/31/2017 fails but 1/1/2016-12/30/2017 works.

5. This is a travesty and after using your products for almost 4 years and giving them frequently as gifts and even convincing my company to provide FitBits as rewards for Healthy Living, I guess it is time to find a new product.

6. Also, the trend lines are gone and these are most useful for overall tracking and need to be restored.

7. All numbers are now rounded and the granularity is no longer on the graph.

8. I cannot extract all my data so I can put in my own Excel chart since FitBit won't provide this any longer but I can only extract 30 days at a time.  That's 48 downloads that then have to be manually merged into a single spreadsheet before I can graph.  Why can't I specify a full range?

9. All tooltips (hoover over a date on a graph) no longer show the date when hoovering.  Restore this as well.

10. Give us an option to revert back to the old Weight tile that provides most customers what they need and want.

11. Add back the horizontal axis lines.  It is difficulty to see where a weight line falls making the view useless as well.

The strength of your OLD Dashboard kept me buying FitBits (7) over the past four years but now that reason no longer exists.  Might as well find a new product where the customer experience counts unless this gets fixed very very soon.

I've been using Aria scale since 07/2015 and have lost in excess of 30kg (66lb) in that time, albeit with ups and downs.  This new method of displaying data is a major step backwards and not helpful at all in tracking progress.

One thing is obvious, whoever designed or approved this update....

Obviously does not or has not used a fitbit product on a daily basis for any extended period of time.  SHAME!

You would think that one of the developers working on the project would have the courage to stand up and say to the lead developer, "hey, I don't think we're heading in the right direction with this... it seems backwards and our customers are going to hate it!"

One saving grace at this time, the Android app still shows the data in the old, more useful way.  I've had to turn off all app auto updates as I don't want to lose it!  No doubt they're in the process of messing that up too.

FitBit, stop messing with what 'almost' worked perfectly.

The product no longer does what it claimed to do at time of purchase. It's what we call 'not fit for purpose'.  For more recent purchasers of the product, there would be a course of redress via your 'state consumer affairs'.  Return the product and get your money back.

Best Answer

Is Fitbit going to come in here and actually explain why the changes were made and/or if they have any intentions of restoring the old dashboard? The responses thus far have been condescending.

Best Answer

I'm giving them until the end of January and then posting reviews on Amazon, Facebook, Consumer Reports, and Twitter; anywhere that will take feedback and ratings. Maybe we can save others from making the same mistake in trusting Fitbit to give them what they pay for.

Best Answer

Hi @LenaFit I like the new look of the page. There is a smaller detail that should be fixed soon: The weight that is shown in the mouseover for each day on the graph, there is no decimal place, should be there as in the table view.

And I would really appreciate it (as in other views as well) if there is a proper export function for all my data. If I want to build a chart myself in Excel or similar tools, it's a big hassle right now. Shouldn't be that much of a problem (at least for the weight charts) from a programmer view point. Please add this to the backlog, thanks! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit has confirmed that "they have heard the concerns and will work on
it". Let's trust them

...but I really don't understand is why they don't roll-back until they
implement a proper fix. Facing so many angry user doesn't do them a favour,
it cannot be "planned". And not having a roll-back scenario foreseen for
such an important cloud service is really a flaw...
Best Answer

"Will work on it"? WTH does that mean??

How about an actual plan and a date?

"Will work on it" could also mean, do nothing until this calms down a bit, then just forget it.

I DO NOT TRUST THEM.

Trust is earned, they have shown NOTHING to deserve that trust. They not only made a very stupid change, obviously without a focus group, but more importantly, they did not respond to weeks of complaints by their users.

Also, I called support about this issue. Fitbit's own support had no Information about the change and no information about what, if anything, was planned as a fix.

When a company shares no information with it's concerned customers, or even it's own support staff...

Why should we trust them?

Best Answer

I completely agree @UncleBoarder, I also don't trust them, and don't believe they're doing anything to fix it.

Feel free to prove me wrong Fitbit . . . i'd be delighted.

A fix really isn't required anyway, they just need to roll back the changes. Simple as that. If they intended to do anything, surely they would have done this by now.

I won't be buying anymore fitbit products, and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Time to look for a replacement me thinks.

Best Answer

I noticed today that my upload from the Aria scale is now a rounded number also. Is this just a problem that I'm having or is another sign of the software managers moving ahead with their downgrading of the system?

Best Answer

I changed my weight loss goal and I feel like I am starting over. I feel I should be able to set the date where I actually started my weight loss journey so I can benefit from seeing the weight I have lost so far. Since I changed my goal to a lower weight Fitbit starts showing pounds lost from the new date not the date I started this journey. I know I have started and stopped several times so I would like to set the actual date I want to use.  Please help!

Best Answer

I personally have owned and tried many of the Fitbit products but keep returning to the ONE because it fits my goals and lifestyle the best. Imagine my dismay when I tried to order a new ONE and found they are no longer sold. Now to find the data will be unavailable after 1 year? Stupid decision. I have been a loyal premium customer since 2012. I previously was happy with many of the changes but the more recent changes have me looking at other devices. 

Best Answer

Absolutely agree.  Waiting for a response.

Best Answer

It's so bizarre to me they didn't fix it yet.   Scary.

Best Answer

@meagainmisc I guess the web site is of a "secondary" importance compared to the apps.

But yes, I do agree it is somehow scary a roll back wasn't implement yet given the very clear feedback from users...

Best Answer

Agreed.

@tangier14 wrote:

I'm very disappointed in the new weight page.  I can no longer see my entire history, the weight "rounds" rather than showing the actual amount to one decimal point, the average weight for the month is no longer available, and the new chart is harder rather than easier to read.  I also noticed that the total lifetime miles and steps is no longer visible, as that was on the bottom of the weight page - and it did not "reappear" on the badge page.  This seems to be a huge step backwards and will not allow me to check/monitor my progress over an extended period of time. I'd prefer to have the old weight page back - with minor improvements.  As this will make it more difficult to monitor progress, and given the recent problems I've had with my Fitbits, I'll strongly consider using another product if these issues aren't addressed. 

I also agree strongly with this comment, it is my experience exactly:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Upcoming-changes-to-the-Weight-Tracking-Page/m-...

(I'm not sure how to quote a comment from a different post, take a look at that link)

FitBit had this to say to me:

We ​​want to thank you for ​​taking the time invested to investigate about Fitbit dashboard on our community and for sharing your feelings and feedback about this process but​​ we'd like to mention that our intentions weren't you feel in that way, ​​our intentions were to make you feel pleased and help​​ed as we're committed with our customers to give them the best Fitbit experience. Please be aware that our customers opinion and feedback are taken of a serious way and take in consideration, as this is how we get to know what our customers need us to change and get improved, in order for us to maintain a good experience for our customers.

All unhappy users to create a ticket via support email:

All users who are less than satisfied with the recent changes are urged to create a support ticket and request that we be given the option to use the previous interface if we wish, until such stage they are able to rectify and improve the awful changes they have forced upon us.  It is only a matter of turning on the previous code and providing a link. Simple way to please unhappy customers.

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Recent purchasers should return item for full credit:

Most Nations/States (definitely in Australia) have a consumer code/law that allows for the return and refund of a product that is "not fit for purpose", a protection provided which is usually over and above any manufacturer's warranty conditions.  If FitBit's recent changes now make the product not fit for purpose, return to the retailer and get your money back!

If FitBit won't listen to their users, they will soon take note of the retailers that drop their products, as retailers don't like giving credits.

To FitBit:

For many of us, weight tracking is a sensitive and emotional daily activity over many, many years.  Please don't mess with us, it hurts!

Best Answer