Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming changes to the Weight Tracking Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2/10/2018

Please see this post for additional updates based on user feedback.

--

1/3/2018

Hi again! Just wanted to let you all know that the improvements to the Weight page is now live. Hope you like the new look! Smiley Happy

--

Hi everyone! We are excited to announce the launch of our updated website dashboard Weight Page, planned to go live in the coming year. This update will provide a great new aesthetic, interface improvements, and better alignment with the Fitbit app so that you have a consistent experience no matter where you are. 

In the updated interface, you'll now be able to edit any weight entry, rather than having to delete and recreate them to make changes. You'll also be able to set Weight Goals right from the dashboard, as well as clearly visualize weight entries on the graph using a new tool tip.

You might notice that weight badges are now found exclusively in the Badge Locker, to organize all your achievements in a single location. You'll find an easy link to your badges on the right side of the page.

Also note that you may occasionally see the weight tile on your dashboard differ from recent weigh-ins by a tiny amount (usually 0.1). Our team is aware of this, and working to resolve it in an upcoming release. Your Weight Page data should always be correct.

We will add some screenshots soon to aid in visualizing the change. We hope you enjoy the new look and features on the updated Weight Page! Please let us know if you have any questions about this feature or if we can help you get familiar with the changes.

Best Answer
262 REPLIES 262

Hi

I was just wondering if there is anywhere to log body measurement as well as weight. I am noticing a loss in inches but not so much with weight. It would be great if the Fitbit app could show this progress as well as weight loss/gain

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your changes to the Weight Tracking page have removed the ability to track my weight beyond 2 years. I have been using Fitbit since 2014 and gained and lost some weigth since then. I miss not being able to see my progression to this loss.

Please change this, otherwise I have to look for a new product (and for sure it would be not a fitbit-product anymore!).

Best Answer

When will you be giving us back the ability to delete unearned weight loss badges?

Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer

@jasonjknapp, I can imagine how upsetting this is for you, but this is why I sync Fitbit with Google Fit and other apps so the data is always still floating around in one of my accounts. I don't want to lose track of anything, especially when the storage of my data is at the mercy of the provider offering it.

Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer

@tina_b1, there are smart scales that measure how your weight breaks down in water, fat, etc. If you get one that is compatible with Fitbit, it will add a lot more than just your weight to your fitbit account. Mine shows changes in body fat % so I know when the weight lost is fat versus muscle or water. I'd go with a wifi scale versus a bluetooth, so you don't need your phone with you to record your changes.

Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes

@admmck81 wrote:

I can imagine how upsetting this is for you, but this is why I sync Fitbit with Google Fit and other apps so the data is always still floating around in one of my accounts. I don't want to lose track of anything, especially when the storage of my data is at the mercy of the provider offering it.

Good point, @admmck81!  That is why I download all of my data and store it on my own devices - no matter what they do with their servers, I have my data available.  The fact that I can create my own charts and graphs in various ways is a bonus, but not the primary reason for saving my own data.

Best Answer
Since the company clearly has no plans to fix the situation, I started exploring other products and asked about what was involved in deactivation. Without my permission the company deleted my account and the entire 6 years of information that I had. It's all gone, even though I didn't ask for it to be deleted, just what the process was. They deleted it all without my permission.

I did find another scale at about 1/3 the price. It doesn't have the wifi/internet capability but I can track the info in a private spreadsheet and get the info I wanted. A plain step counter at 1/10th the price with a longer life expectancy than a year or two will also fit my needs. Plus I am not sharing private data with a company for them to sell and make money off of me. So I guess whether I was ready or not it is time to leave fitbit permanently and go with companies that actually do respect their users.

CherylMo
Best Answer

Sorry to hear that, @SunsetRunner!  Best of luck with your new devices, whatever you choose.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MariamV, I admire your cheerful attitude while being surrounded by anything but gratitude. It also makes me wonder how seriously Fitbit is taking user input, though. From what I have seen in my limited time with the platform, it sure seems like user input has minimal value. It saddens me, especially since I have nothing but positive things to say about my Ionic and the Fitbit app (minus the whole I can't delete my false weight loss badges). I'd like to believe that my investment has earned a sympathetic ear, and influence on the direction of the platform. But if this is what you call an "improvement", I shudder to think what will happen down the road. Especially since these updates are largely unpopular yet never rolled back. Samsung listened when users complained about no slot for a micro SD card in their Galaxy S6. They now include a micro SD card slot in all their new devices. Verizon brought back unlimited data plans because customers wanted them back, and every other carrier had them. They used to insist nobody needs unlimited data, even though customers wanted it. These companies listen to their users, and make wanted changes, and undo unpopular ones. I understand the people making the decisions are rarely the ones on the street talking to people face to face, but somebody has to listen, and unpopular changes that weren't necessary to begin with should always have a simple way back to what worked and was liked. The people who decided on these changes clearly doesn't know a single thing that Fitbit users want, and should not be included on decisions like this for that reason alone.

Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer

The graph on the weight tracker is pointless in its current form.  By having a vertical axis ranging from 4 stone to 26 stone, any realistic changes in weight do not show.  All the graph ever shows is a line that approximates to horizontal.  It would be better not having a graph at all since the one you have at the moment is de-motivational.  I lost half a stone in a week, and the graph is still pretty much horizontal.  You need to change the values on the vertical axis to a much narrower range, appropriate to the person's weight i.e. someone weighing 15 stone, the axis should be from say 10 to 20 stone (i.e. a one third swing in either direction).

Best Answer

When I made a complaint directly to Fitbit, they sent me to the page 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Bring-back-the-old-weight-information-tracking-t...

Doesn't look like there is an easy way for people to find that and leave comments. Thought I would post it here for others to see.

They definitely are ignoring this issue.

Best Answer

Everyone needs to go to this thread and post. Keep it at the top of the page so they can't ignore it.

Bring-back-the-old-weight-information-tracking-tile

Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer

@admmck81 wrote:

Everyone needs to go to this thread and post. 

Well, not quite everyone - just those that want to complain about the new design.  Those of us that don't care don't need to keep posting to this thread....   Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I went to the post, but it is from 2016, and thr dashboard and other pages don't look like the screen shots given. Are there updated instructions on how to access this info?

Peggy
Best Answer

What ever happened to the 3 F's? 

FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION!

The function of the chart is to give an accurate visualization of the data.  Data is not meant to look pretty.

Unfortunately, Fitbit has put emphasis on looks (form) before usefulness (function).  I don't want my data to look nice, I want it to tell the true story so I can learn form it.

Here's what I now get.  The real (ugly story, the one I want to know) versus the pretty (fairytale) Fitbit insist on supplying.

real data vs pretty datareal data vs pretty data

Best Answer

Looks like they have made a change to add a decimal place to the daily average. It still doesn't show high or low for the day. Please, fitbit, put all the data points back in the graph.

Best Answer

We should be posting on Facebook.   Or any Aria page vs. here in this bubble where we're just essentially talking amongst ourselves.

I'll be looking at another scale.  One that will work with Apple HealthKit.

Best Answer

How about actual weights with a trend line, as shown in this review. THAT is what would be valuable. Is there any way to get a graph like the one shown in this article? 

https://www.androidcentral.com/fitbit-aria-2-keeping-it-family

Best Answer

@JaneGasiorowski, that trend line is already available, and has been for some time, in the Fitbit app. Open the Fitbit app and select the Weight tile, and that graph, along with 3 others, is right at the top of the screen.

Best Answer

Yep, I found it on my phone. Any way to get that format on my computer? 

Best Answer
0 Votes