Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming changes to the Weight Tracking Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2/10/2018

Please see this post for additional updates based on user feedback.

--

1/3/2018

Hi again! Just wanted to let you all know that the improvements to the Weight page is now live. Hope you like the new look! Smiley Happy

--

Hi everyone! We are excited to announce the launch of our updated website dashboard Weight Page, planned to go live in the coming year. This update will provide a great new aesthetic, interface improvements, and better alignment with the Fitbit app so that you have a consistent experience no matter where you are. 

In the updated interface, you'll now be able to edit any weight entry, rather than having to delete and recreate them to make changes. You'll also be able to set Weight Goals right from the dashboard, as well as clearly visualize weight entries on the graph using a new tool tip.

You might notice that weight badges are now found exclusively in the Badge Locker, to organize all your achievements in a single location. You'll find an easy link to your badges on the right side of the page.

Also note that you may occasionally see the weight tile on your dashboard differ from recent weigh-ins by a tiny amount (usually 0.1). Our team is aware of this, and working to resolve it in an upcoming release. Your Weight Page data should always be correct.

We will add some screenshots soon to aid in visualizing the change. We hope you enjoy the new look and features on the updated Weight Page! Please let us know if you have any questions about this feature or if we can help you get familiar with the changes.

Best Answer
262 REPLIES 262

wrote:

Yep, I found it on my phone. Any way to get that format on my computer? 

Unfortunately, no, unless you want to use the Data Export tool to put all of your data into a spreadsheet and create your own graphs. That is what I do.

Best Answer

wrote:

Yep, I found it on my phone. Any way to get that format on my computer? 

Link your Fitbit account to TrendWeight, and it will pull the weight data from the time periods you choose and give you all kinds of ways to analyze.  And it is free.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thanks, Trend weight provides the information that I need.

Best Answer

@Baltoscott 

Thank you so much for your post!

This trendweight visualization of https://trendweight.com/dashboard/ is indeed absolutely brilliant: by far the best I have ever seen. Moreover, they did an excellent job in integrating directly with FitBit data: no need to spend time exporting one by one each month if your history. And it only request permission for read only access to weight so no risk. And it is free!!

Best Answer

How do I narrow the scale on the weight page?  It is more than 100 pounds.  Previously it was 30-40 pounds, and it thus showed the variations more emphatically.

Best Answer

I can't help with the scale issue, but I see they finally took out the annoying rounding of the data.  Now if they would just get rid of the graph smoothing between data points this might actually be useful.

Best Answer

@phv thanks— I really like that it assigns a weight value to the trend line.  Helps you realize that daily weight variations - mostly due to water change - even out throughout the week.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Now if we can find a site similar that tracks steps, I can ditch the "new and improved" FitBit dashboard for good AND I will no longer be held captive by FitBit.  Their devices are great but it "WAS" the quality of their web software that kept me coming back.  So long........

Best Answer

Thank you!  You resolved the problem that we have been complaining about for weeks with ZERO non-condescending remarks about their plans.

Is there anything similar that allows the step data to be exported and racked as well.  FitBit hasn't destroyed that in the name of "improvements" yet but it is just a matter of time and we now know how they will respond based upon this incident.  This has been the major reason I have not given any other tracker a try but no more.

Once again, THANK YOU!

Best Answer

This conversation is in regard to the web page, not a mobile app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baltoscott even better, it appears that TrendWeight also provides a "one click CSV export" of the full history of FitBit weight. Much convenient if one wants to do its own analysis/graph! 

See https://blog.ewal.net/data-export-for-trendweight/

Best Answer

@phv -  Thanks for pointing out the download tool.  

I’m sorry I didn’t notice this tread earlier.  I’ve been using TrendWeight for years now and have kind of taken it for granted.  It is clearly a labor of love for Irv (the creator), and though I don’t know him I really appreciate his site and I’m happy to see that others do too.  For those who have not read through the TrendWeight help page check it out, Lots of good info, including a link to John Walker’s “Hacker’s Diet” and you can give a shoutout to Irv too!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

The new weight chart page is worthless. It is the greatest disregard of customer interests since New Coke was introduced decades ago.

Best Answer

There was no roll-back to the former visualisation, but at least FitBit had introduced a few enhancement based on the posts in the forum, like the reintroduction of the "target weight" line.

Still, the result is well below expectations.

Here is a very straightforward comparison, with my "last 12 months graph for Weight". I think it says it all!

1/ fitbit dashboard version (only one value per month, rounded, and a very broad vertical scale)

Capture d'écran 2018-01-29 à 19.23.32.png

2/ the trendweight.com equivalent (very easy to get, it is free and you just need to allow weight reading from your existing fitbit account: so you get it in less than 5 minutes initially and continuously afterward)

Capture d'écran 2018-01-29 à 19.23.56.png

I think the gap is super clear.
Although he is not asking for anything, I just did a small donation to the trendweight.com developper to congratulate him, as I got much more from this free site than from the fitbit premium subscription services that weren't improved for the last 4 years.

Best Answer

Thanks.  I am not worried about the loss of history, but the scale change affects how the weight change appears.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! As @MariamFitbit mentioned in her post, we understand that many of you share similar concerns regarding the changes to the Weight Page. I can assure you that your feedback has been escalated to the team for review. As soon as I hear any additional information, I'll be sure to provide you with these updates within this thread. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know your concerns. I appreciate your patience in the meantime! 

Best Answer

wrote:

Hi everyone! As @MariamFitbit mentioned in her post, we understand that many of you share similar concerns regarding the changes to the Weight Page. I can assure you that your feedback has been escalated to the team for review. As soon as I hear any additional information, I'll be sure to provide you with these updates within this thread. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know your concerns. I appreciate your patience in the meantime! 

Hi @LenaFit

It takes brands such as Fitbit a lot of time and money to gain new customers, it should always be a priority to keep the customers you have as these people are your best marketing department. Brands have been made or broken through word of mouth.

I believe your customers have given a very loud and clear message that Fitbit has taken a major step backwards. You should be concerned also that a very viable alternative is being recommended here in your own community, one that is for the most part giving us what we need.

Keep us happy and we will keep buying and recommending your products. Can I recommend you move faster on the "keep us happy" (fit)bit.

Best Answer

I am can not see my step today my email his tysonbassett6@gmail.com 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Send a support request to https://contact.fitbit.com and

@LenaFit will monitor and assure it is attend to.

Please send all complaints/issues to https://contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer
0 Votes

One more voice about the weight tracking graph:  One year back is not helpful to me.  I've been using my Aria for almost seven years and have lost a great deal of weight towards a long term goal.  I have had years that are relatively flat and others that have seen significant weight loss.  I find the long term graph the most helpful because I can see which activities have contributed to trends and most important, seasonal fluctuations.

Best Answer