Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming changes to the Weight Tracking Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2/10/2018

Please see this post for additional updates based on user feedback.

--

1/3/2018

Hi again! Just wanted to let you all know that the improvements to the Weight page is now live. Hope you like the new look! Smiley Happy

--

Hi everyone! We are excited to announce the launch of our updated website dashboard Weight Page, planned to go live in the coming year. This update will provide a great new aesthetic, interface improvements, and better alignment with the Fitbit app so that you have a consistent experience no matter where you are. 

In the updated interface, you'll now be able to edit any weight entry, rather than having to delete and recreate them to make changes. You'll also be able to set Weight Goals right from the dashboard, as well as clearly visualize weight entries on the graph using a new tool tip.

You might notice that weight badges are now found exclusively in the Badge Locker, to organize all your achievements in a single location. You'll find an easy link to your badges on the right side of the page.

Also note that you may occasionally see the weight tile on your dashboard differ from recent weigh-ins by a tiny amount (usually 0.1). Our team is aware of this, and working to resolve it in an upcoming release. Your Weight Page data should always be correct.

We will add some screenshots soon to aid in visualizing the change. We hope you enjoy the new look and features on the updated Weight Page! Please let us know if you have any questions about this feature or if we can help you get familiar with the changes.

Best Answer
262 REPLIES 262

Won't be buying any Fitbit products going forward.   The lack of a fix (which is easy and should've been instant) - says something strongly about this company.   And I fear it must be in some type of trouble.

Best Answer

Did anyone at Fitbit reach out to actual users to solicit feedback before implementing these product changes?  You have apparently invested a ton of time making changes that a lot of your customers, like myself and many others who have taken the time to provide feedback here, simply do not like or want.

There's incredible value in seeing "all-time" data, especially for something like weight.  How did you come up with an arbitrary two-year timeline?  You just took away the single most important aspect of the Aria scale.

If the size of the database was becoming a problem, then why not at least make a premium/paid option available for a few bucks per year for those of us willing to pay for that data?

I realize you can't make everyone happy, but I'm scratching my head trying to figure out who would look at the changes and say, "wow, this is so much better!"

Best Answer

Thanks for the tip!  I'm sure the availability of another solution will force Fitbit to either A) bring back "all-time" access to data or B) stop allowing us to use other platforms or export data altogether.  All I know for certain is there's nobody at Fitbit that would make the argument that sending customers to 3rd parties is good for business.

Best Answer

Thankyou for providing feedback at the Fitbit community pages.

We've reviewed the information provided so far and first of all, we'd like to apologize for the inconveniences that you've experienced due to the change of the Fitbit app. In this particular scenario, we'd like you to please email our Fitbit support at https://contact.fitbit.com to leave your feedback and all of your suggestions there. As previously mentioned, this is where our developers team will review all type of feedback and suggestions from our customers in order to us can share what our customer needs and want so they can feel comfortable while using our Fitbit products.

Thank you so much for your feedback and for participating in our Fitbit support.

We thank you for being a Fitbit customer and let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Please email your concerns to Fitbit support. Otherwise, we're just making ourselves busy chatting amoungst each other and not the people who can actually affect the change.

At the start of the day, there's nothing quite like a full email inbox to motivate a change in your processes. If only we had the head of development's email address.

moderator edit: font size 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I designate a goal weight from the past as my starting weight?

I changed my overall goal and it changed the date of the goal to the current date.  I just wanted to change the goal weight.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a heads up, there isn't an actual email address to send anything to at https://contact.fitbit.com There is a live chat, a twitter, or a phone call option. I don't have twitter, when I called on the phone they told me no changes had been made and couldn't understand what I was talking about. The live chat only provided a hmm that's interesting response. I did go to their facebook page and posted there and they wanted me to pm them. There is no actual path to email support, where are comments are actually turned into the development team that I can see. Maybe twitter but I am not signing up for that just to complain about fitbit. Far better and cheaper to just find a different company/product/brand to use instead. One that actually does care about their customers' input.

Best Answer

Perhaps is just available in Oz?

fitbit support email option_LI.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

1/3/2018

Hi again! Just wanted to let you all know that the improvements to the Weight page is now live. Hope you like the new look! Smiley Happy

I don't.

And I'm glad I export my data and graph it myself, because you're certainly adding no value to your product with this dashboard.

In what world are you expecting me to lose 15 kgs in a week? because that's what your y axis limits are telling me you think is realistic when it ranges from 90 to 50-something.

Best Answer

This is what I see on the help page.  Not in Kansas for sure.Oz?Oz?

Best Answer

Clearly, "LenaFitbit" is following this thread. She initiated it. Why wouldn't she be in touch with the marketing or development groups?

Maybe she should give the Developers a link to THIS page, instead of us having to find another way to contact them.

The feedback I got from fitbit was to go to the link below and write comments there. It's definitely not easy to find the right place to leave feedback on this horrendous "upgrade".

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Bring-back-the-old-weight-information-tracking-t...

Best Answer

What I really miss is consumed fat, protein and carbs in grams, not only in % or cals.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone - Our team is still reviewing user feedback on the updated weight tracking page. Unfortunately it's not something that can be changed instantly. But I assure you that your concerns have been shared. Thanks again for your input. Once I hear further I will update the thread.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. WHY do you wipe out my progress so far by not allowing me to keep (or change back from today) my weight loss achievements?  I started a new diet.  I lost a lot of weight the first couple of days.  Since your graphs track by YOUR week beginning, NOT MY DIET beginning, I tried to change the date in my weight goal beginning.  There was no place to do that.  Didn't there used to be?  I lost all the tracking progress so far, PLUS I still have to get a calculator out and figure out how much I lost the first few days and add it to the current tracking total.  FRUSTRATING!  

Best Answer

To @octothorp (my initial inspiration to post here in the first instance) and my other dear Fitbit community friends, I suspect I won't be allowed to play with you for much longer, apparently I'm too loud. Man Frustrated

But for good reason all the same, you see three things have been taken from me with the recent change to the Weight Tracking Page; Fitbit has taken my data, my voice and my happiness:

Fitbit started by changing the Weight Tracking Page and with that, deleted much of my data. I’m now only allowed to see two years of my personal data. Taking something away from someone without their permission, here we call that stealing, that’s a pretty hostile act I’d say.

Though, it only made me a bit cross initially, but then sad. I’d lost my precious (and to me at least) very valuable data. I am genuinely sad about that and it seems I am powerless to do anything about getting it back.

This is a big thing for anyone that has suffered the mental anguish of the long term weight loss and weight gain rollercoaster. The data that Fitbit stole from me was very important to me.

(Writing this bit made my eyes well with tears) Man Sad

Particularly since the data Fitbit took from me showed my greatest weight losses and served as a major motivating force.

So, after I sent in a support request by email, (we can do that in Australia though not available to USA apparently, too many of you complaining perhaps) I was instructed via a nice form letter to come and meet you guys here in the community and chat about it to make my thoughts known here.

I’ve been doing that, suggesting that improvements to the Weight Tracking Page update be made, my preference is for it to be returned to how it was, it was much better I believe, though not as pretty as the new version.

That has progressed to Fitbit censoring me. Now they steal my voice by gagging me when I’m chatting to you, my fellow Fitbit customer friends.

Fitbit removed my last post siting it as inflammatory and not adding much outside of hostility, so in summary, I would like to add to the recent Weight Tracking Page changes/update discussion by offering some advice about how we could be discussing this thread with positive, helpful stuff. My last post could serve as a helpful example and perhaps you all could help guide me as to where exactly I went wrong.

I ask this only because I want to positively contribute to affect useful and uplifting change, I really would like to keep contributing because most of all I want my stolen data back (and I’d also like it displayed in the more useful ‘old way’ that the previous Weight Tracking Page offered).

1. Perhaps don't discuss a moderator’s actions. Saying something like "@moderatorsname, Thankyou for yet another platitude from Fitbit" is maybe not OK? I’m, not sure.

Certainly all the things I have said would be OK to say face to face in discussion, so what’s the difference here? The fact the world gets to be a part of the conversation? What’s to hide? This is surely not considered hostile or inflammatory.

In my opinion the recent changes to the Weight Tracking Page have been a major step backwards, these changes have really affected the way I can use the data, or what now remains of my data. This is important to me, so much so that I’m expecting a response from Fitbit that is more than just a cut and paste of nice words. The repetitive message doesn’t cut it.

2. Suggesting that "we are not 'USERS', we are CUSTOMERS who have paid good honest money for a Fitbit product and related service". Maybe this is not OK to say, again I’m not sure. Is that inflammatory or hostile?

I personally don’t want to be thought of as just a user, I paid money, I consider myself to be a Fitbit customer. As a customer, I don’t like the changes with the recent Weight Tracking Page ‘update’, I’ve asked for change and made my suggestions. How about you?

3. Suggesting that "We purchased a Fitbit product to fulfil a function and we expect it to continue to do so...". Is this not OK? I’m not sure. Is this inflammatory or hostile?

Here in Australia (and most Western countries I believe) we have laws that protect consumers, if you purchase a product that doesn’t function as it says it does or ceases to function in the manner it was meant to when you purchased it, you can return it and get you money back. I’m not actually asking for my money back, I just want my data back and for Fitbit to continue displaying that data in the way it was intended when I purchased my Fitbit product (the more useful way before the recent Weight Tracking Page ‘update’).

4. Don't suggest "Fitbit has dramatically failed it's customers by implementing unwanted... and useless changes." This too is perhaps not OK to say? The recent update to the Weight Tracking Page made changes that I consider to be useless and now the product I purchased from Fitbit doesn’t function in the way it was intended. I can’t use it for the purpose I bought it. Inflammatory or hostile to say so?

What about you, does your Fitbit product give you the same data now and function in the way you intended it to when you purchased it, or has the recent Weight Tracking Page update changed that for you?

Do you still have access to all your data or was it just mine Fitbit stole?

5. As a community USER, don't suggest that you believe "the only way that we will get back what we need and originally purchased from Fitbit is for all unhappy customers to contact Fitbit directly". This is not OK to say? I’m not sure.

Perhaps Fitbit has limited resources to deal with this type of thing, they certainly have facility for it on their website suggesting they can handle it, but I want to be assured that they know I don’t like the changes they made to the Weight Tracking Page and now I can’t use my Fitbit product in the way it was intended. I also want to let them know firsthand that they stole my data and I want it back. Please. But am I not allowed to say that here? I emailed them but they insisted I make my thoughts known here. I’m confused.

6. Therefore, perhaps you shouldn’t "urge unhappy Fitbit customers to make their thoughts about the changes known at https://contact.fitbit.com" I’m not sure if this is the bit that’s inflammatory or hostile, but as a customer, surely we have the right to go to them directly with a support request?

Is this unreasonable? Is it just me that thinks the recent changes to the Weight Tracking Page warrant a support request?

7. Don't suggest "As customer's chatting amongst ourselves, we can't really affect change in a timely manner." Is that inflammatory or hostile? I’m not sure.

Honestly, I really don’t know how I am now going to let them know directly and first hand that I don’t like the changes to the Weight Tracking Page, how I can convey my suggestions for improvement, or how I tell them I want my data back, it’s mine, or how I ask them to do all this quickly. Please.

8. Also I’m not sure about going via Fitbit helpdesk direct as "it creates jobs, the only good thing to come out of this ...". Maybe that’s the bit that’s hostile?

If it is, I apologise and retract the comment though in my book, more jobs is a positive. One thing is for certain, the recent changes to the Weight Tracking Page has certainly created more discussion and unrest amongst Fitbit USERS (read CUSTOMERS).

All in all, it's OK for us to happily chat amongst ourselves here as USERS but I personally get a sense that is not OK to make any suggestion that you are an unhappy Fitbit CUSTOMER. If you suggest such a thing, I think that perhaps you may just be slapped on the wrist as I was.

What business slaps it's customers for giving valuable feedback?

Fitbit should be happy I've stayed thus far and not bolted over to that lovely shiny and luring Apple store.

My comments are not isolated and I have not come here simply as a hater. I don't like the changes Fitbit made with the recent Weight Tracking Page 'update' so I've posted my suggestions and even emailed Fitbit Support with them.

If you don't like the changes that Fitbit made in the Weight Tracking Page 'update' nor have your data stolen by Fitbit, what are you going to do about it? Just chat here?

I understand that some individuals must hurt when people say unkind things about the product that they are a staunch ambassador for. I apologise if any person thought my feedback was directed at them personally, it was not. My comments and feedback are aimed at Fitbit (a corporation/company) in an attempt to encourage change and improvement in the Weight Tracking Page.

@KateFitbit Thank you for your contributions to the Fitbit community, I hope it is not wrong for me to say that I sense you are obviously a dedicated and valuable Fitbit team member who takes pride in her work, I look forward to further contributions from you. Bless you and good health.

@AndreaFitbit could you please let the people over at Fitbit know that I’m not being hostile or inflammatory, I’m just letting Fitbit (the company) know that their actions have made me sad.

Best Answer

@BigPin Expressing your feedback in the Community is perhaps one of the best ways to share your opinions with the Fitbit team. Our team has listened to this thread. I don't have a timeline or update on future changes to share, except that it is something that can not be easily changed. I understand you feel this is a platitude and that it's an easy fix, but this is the only information I have at this time.

I can say that your data has not been stolen or deleted. It's just not in the format you are accustomed. You can change the date range in the upper right-hand corner. I hear that you would like to be referred to as a customer, but our Community is and has always been a forum for Fitbit users or those interested in Fitbit to come and discuss. This is no disrespect to you. We only ask that you follow the Community Guidelines, when it doesn't we will reach out and let you know why. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@KateFitbit I don't buy that at all.
Of course it's an easy fix. Any IT person knows, that you always save the current web pages and code, before you make any major change, so if it all turns to custard, it is quick and easy to roll back. If the developers working for fitbit did not do this, then they should be shot.
Of course it's easy to fix and roll back.
I just can't understand, why fitbit would not rollback these ridiculous changes immediately, except possibly to save face, but as i've said before, i think us customers would be more impressed with fitbit, if they listened to what their customers want, and did roll back the update.

Best Answer

Ive been in devops long enough to know what's possible and what isn't. I don't believe for a second Fitbit made some irreversible change. They simply let internal politics a good for nothing VP of cluenesses make some esoteric goal of only keeping two years of data. If the data was gone, it would be gone on my Android app. It's there, and your change control (probably GitHub) would easily allow for a revert. But pure political pressure prevents customer service. I hope someone shows this thread to the scrum master so he or she can fix this nonsense and represent business input instead of corporate non-sense. 

Best Answer

If fitbit needs some help with ideas on how to do scalable data on the cheap, I'd be happy to help. 1. stop buying vertical scaling nonsense. 2. stop buying enterprise hardware. 3. Stop only hiring in silicon valley. 4. stop storing big data in "the cloud" and get some data centers like an adult. 

Best Answer

BTW Kate, you're an awesome person. You're the first person at fitbit to actually respond to our posts in a meaningful way. I know how difficult your job is. people here want to be yelling at the product managers, but they yell at you instead. You're just doing your job and you're good at it. I do truly believe the product managers are bad at their jobs. At the very least, one of them should be on here defending this. Please keep the lines off communication open, and please keep forwarding our messages to 1. the product managers and 2. whoever writes their paychecks. 

Best Answer

Could @KateFitbit or someone else please tell me what the white shaded area on the 30 day Weight chart is supposed to represent, and why it is there - it doesn't seem to appear on my one week or one year chart.

Best Answer
0 Votes