Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Computer Firmware update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been told to do Firmware updates over a computer instead of stand alone.  I looked up the directiions on how to do it, but the steps are not complete enough for me to find the areas I need to click on.  Can anyone help.  What's posted on Fitbit site is very vague or those steps don't exist as fas as I can tell.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Julie4605   By using your "computer" to do the firmware update, I believe you are being told to use your wi-fi to do the update, not your phone's Bluetooth.  A wi-fi update goes much faster.  Try the following:

• Make sure your Fitbit is connected to your home wi-fi.  Tap on your profile picture > your device > Wi-Fi settings.  Make sure you are connected.
  • Make sure your Fitbit is in its charger close by.
  • Now tap on your Update option on your phone app and follow the directions.

If you are using the Windows 10 app on a computer, I can't be any more helpful.  I am a Mac user.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I know this post is old, but I have been having the same issue and wanted to comment what i figured out as to help others with the same issue. Go to the Microsoft store on your windows computer and download the Fitbit app for pc. I don't understand why no tutorial says that as step number 1. I had to deep dive to figure it out. 😅 hope you resolved your issue. 

Best Answer