Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way Too Many Steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to edit/ change total steps?  For some reason, my tracker added 58,000+ steps in the last 30 minutes of last Friday the 23rd.  I totaled 70,000+ steps, earned way too many badges and threw off my average.  

Can I do anything to edit the step total of a given day?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I reached out to Fitbit support via chat and they told me to create an activity that overlapped that time and it did work.  I logged driving from 11:30pm to midnight, and it did reduce my steps for that day.  Thanks for the support.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hasn’t happened to me but I’ve heard of it happening to others. Yes like 50,000+ in the middle of the night. What’s up with this, Fitbit?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried logging an activity over the time period? I haven’t had to do this but you might be able to say you were driving or some other low step activity? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This exact same thing has happened to me three times in the past month.  The watch itself appears correct until it syncs with the Dashboard, which has added 50,000 steps and 4,000 calories to my totals. It's infuriating because it impacts my average step and calorie totals, and even the graphs on the Dashboard.

I've posted on this before and received no reply. Apparently FitBit doesn't care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reached out to Fitbit support via chat and they told me to create an activity that overlapped that time and it did work.  I logged driving from 11:30pm to midnight, and it did reduce my steps for that day.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Best Answer

I reached out to Fitbit support via chat and they told me to create an activity that overlapped that time and it did work.  I logged driving from 11:30pm to midnight, and it did reduce my steps for that day.  Thanks for the support.

Best Answer

thank you!

Best Answer