Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to export TCX files

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I can't export the TCX files for runs, and also fitbit isn't syncing with Strava.  Is there an issue? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Two activities yesterday (4/12), one in the morning and one in the evening. Waited until after the second one to sync, and the morning activity exported to Strava but not the evening event. That's very odd, because it means the sync and export functions themselves still worked after this problem started, just not for activities that occurred after a certain time. 

Best Answer

My run this morning did not sync either. What is weird is yesterday it synced a walk to Strava, but it still can't find any of my runs for the last 2 days. There must be some sort of glitch in the code - from what I can tell this is a fairly widespread problem. C'mon Fitbit! Get your act together!  I've supported you fully since my first tracker, but episodes like this make me question my loyalty.

Best Answer

I messaged support on Twitter and got this response "Thanks for getting back. We suggest reaching out to Strava support (https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us) so they can further assist you on this. We appreciate your understanding!"

But if the issue were with Strava I should still be able to export manually from Fitbit. This is clearly an issue with exporting. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.   I tried to export my run from last night because Stava can't upload it.  I cannot export any activities.

Best Answer

Disappointing that they've not acknowledged the issue and trying to 'pass the buck' to Strava.  Whilst there may be an issue at their end, there clearly is something wrong at the Fitbit side if you can't export in the first place.

Best Answer

Yeah I got the same reply. They are currently in "Hot Potato" mode. Pass on the issue to someone else and maybe it will go away. The good thing it seems a lot of people are having this issue, so I hope they address it soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here - just one run affected from last night. Unable to export TCX file, unable to sync to Strava.

Recording some quick walks down the road as "tests" this morning... they export to TCX and appear within seconds in Strava.

Fitbit... what did your last code deployment break.... 

🙂

Best Answer

@ugbug So you can sync new events? I'll need to test that out. So could have been an outage early this morning (4an to 6am-ish Eastern Time)?  Just a guess, especially if it's "working" again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@acme401 yeah I just tried recording my walk to work as a "run" this morning and lo behold it synced to Strava in 10 seconds flat.

Variables I can think of:

• Run
    • 21km / 2 hours of data
    • Synced from Fitbit Surge to Fitbit.com at approx 19:00 UTC 13-04-2017
  • "Test walk"
    • 2km / 20m of data
    • Synced from Fitbit Surge to Fitbit.com at approx 08:05 UTC 14-04-2017

And yes, FitBit support are ignoring the fact that TCX export is failing and passing buck to Strava support. If the TCX export was working I doubt so many of us would be here... Fix yo **** fitbit 🙂

Best Answer

@acme401 - I had a run at 8pm Eastern last night and 9am Eastern this morning that didn't upload to Strava.  In between I had a walk that I recorded that did upload to Strava.

Best Answer

Oh and also worth saying that revoking and renewing Strava-Fitbit authorisation as per https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/Not-syncing-with-strava/td-p/1300470 does nothing, this is a data corruption issue in my opinion. Something to do with these activity records is corrupt / not as expected and so it's breaking the TCX export components AND Strava's API import components.

(My day job is managing web application development)

So yes... looking at you Fitbit development / support team 🙂

Best Answer

Mine is now syncing to strava again.. Still cannot export yesterday's runs though to upload them to strava manually 

Best Answer

10/10. top kek. updooted for exposure.

Best Answer

@ugbug Fitbit IT dept right now Hotfixing Prod https://i.imgur.com/czAUS2g.gifv  🙂

Best Answer

Snap my surge is doing the exact same thing. It worked fine up until this mornings run.

sort it out Fitbit 

Best Answer

I particularly like the copy/paste message on twitter asking me to unlink/relink to Strava.  Erm, what exactly has that got to do with exporting data from the Fitbit Dashboard..I didn't even mention Strava?!

Best Answer

I copied & pasted this community forum to Fitbit's Facebook page asking for them to help. I've been private messaging them for the last 14 hours as well to get this resolved, still no luck. I think we need to let our voices be heard a little louder! I'm getting tired of this pass the buck way of doing things which Fitbit is currently doing. **I really got irritated when Fitbit private messaged me: "Since we don't have information on this issue on our side so maybe they can help." http://strava.fitbit.com. What a joke. 

Best Answer

Just walked for 20 mins. No Sync between Strava and Fitbit but I am able to DL the file from Fitbit....so strange

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's definitely a Fitbit issue, I've manually added my run on strava which has appeared in my Fitbit account.

but Fitbit won't sync the otherway 

Best Answer

Same issue.  It looks to be a functional issue in the dashboard or underlying APIs unrelated to the data or time period for the activity.  After being unable to download the TCX file from my run yesterday, I went back in my history and tried to redownload a past run and it also showed the same error.  I would assume when they fix the issue everything will be sync-able / downloadable again.  Would be nice to get some sort of communication back from Fitbit.

Best Answer