Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing with strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone having trouble syncing their surge with strava? I haven't been able to for a week now. I can do it manually but would rather not 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @cmowbs! I'm sorry for not updating this thread before. However, syncing issues with Strave had been fixed and you should be able to continue sending the workouts from Strava to Fitbit. Keep in mind that activities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava. You should try to unlink and like both accounts again by doing the following:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts

If the issue persists, please be sure to reach out to our Support Team. I know that they're always happy to listen to your experience and provide different options for you, if needed!

Let me know if you have further questions about this.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

Welcome to the Forums @cmowbs! Our team is aware of this issue and is currently working to provide a fix as soon as possible. By now you may experience some delays while syncing it or you won't be able to sync at all.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best Answer

Hi Peter, I was wondering if there have been any updates as my surge is still not syncing with Strava. Been a few weeks now 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @cmowbs! I'm sorry for not updating this thread before. However, syncing issues with Strave had been fixed and you should be able to continue sending the workouts from Strava to Fitbit. Keep in mind that activities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava. You should try to unlink and like both accounts again by doing the following:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts

If the issue persists, please be sure to reach out to our Support Team. I know that they're always happy to listen to your experience and provide different options for you, if needed!

Let me know if you have further questions about this.

Best Answer

I've done this and it is now working. thank you for your help 🙂

Best Answer
I'm experiencing long delays 4 hours or more, with an activity in strava to turn up on fitbit. Used to work fine.

I just tried the solution above and it didnt do anything. Todays bike ride still not showing up.

This delay is too long to be helpful in terms of checking food intake.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having issues here too, tried the above a few minutes ago and nothing has changed as yet.

Run yesterday eventually synced several hours later

2 rides and a run today haven't synced yet

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice support person at strava told me they are aware of the problem and have been in touch with fitbit about it and told me the following, which worked:

open your run/ride in fitbit, on the 3 dots at the top right select 'export as a TCX file'

On strava click on the red + and select 'upload activity' then point it at the tcx file you downloaded

Best Answer
Thanks, but I recorded the ride in strava and want it to appear in fitbit. Your suggestion would seem to be going the other direction.?
Best Answer

I too am having problems, Ive been on a 2hr walk this morning and set my acticity to walking. On return I stopped the activity and it said 'nice work'  etc etc. Nothing synced with Strava and no map shown even though I had it synced via GPS to my I phone. Im getting a bit fed up with these irrations and have been to support without solving the problem. Help! I have revoked access and started again and it goes straight into fitbit and doesn tprompt me for access or passwords?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello my friend, @Ragsthdog. It is nice to have you on board. If you've tried the troubleshooting steps provided above and are still experiencing issues while syncing your Strava account, I recommend you to contact Strava directly. Since we don't have information of this issue on our side so maybe they can help. 

Let me know what they say! Smiley Tongue

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I had my best run today and I waited but when I looked at Strava it said "servers down" and wouldn't sync at all. Anyway to get it to sync so I can get credit? I tried the steps above. 

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner! It's great to see you participating in our Community! Cat Very Happy

Congratulations, I'm glad to know that you're really engage and motivated on become a better runner. Thanks for posting your question here. As you already tried the steps above. I would consider contacting Strava Support directly; take a look of the Resources for the Strava App we have to do so.

Because of the error message, it looks like they were having issues yesterday. You can also give it a try today to see if both accounts are connecting again. An keep up with the good vibe!

Keep me posted on the resolution! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I found another post that addressed and helped me. It's all good again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for the heads up. I'm glad to know that you're back on track! Cat Happy

Feel free to come back at any time, in case that you questions about your Fitbit; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends. Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips. This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Saturday Humor or What is the most interesting place that you have walked run?

See you around! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

i have encountered the same problem last night! did a 5k run with my surge and waited for an hour before i went and looked at strava only to find my run was not showing.

it worked perfectly the night before, went for a run checked strava after syncing and hey presto it was there! but last night it stopped working!

i tried revoking access from fitbit and strava and reapplying permissions and syncing several times but still nothing is showing on strava! i then tried to export the activity from fitbit to a tcx file to manually upload to strava but got a message stating 'could not export this activity. try again later' 

i have had the surge for 3 days and am now wondering, with this issue in addition to other issues i have already dealt with, was it worth the purchase!?!?!?

Best Answer

Hi, im having the exact same issue! if you find a solution please let me know 🙂

Best Answer

I am also having the exact same issue, worked fine up til yesterday but this morning hasn't synced with Strava and when I try to save the tcx file I get the same error message as the above.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  My wife was able to upload her run last night from her Charge 2, but my run from my blaze will not sync.  It worked fine for my Monday run.  I have tried all of the trouble shooting tips.

Best Answer

@rldigby @Smithy486 @jessbless8 @chinawoman  are you seeing the issues reported in https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/We-were-unable-to-export-this-activity-Please-t...?

Sounds like there is a wider issue from the last 24-48 hours

Best Answer