Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing with strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone having trouble syncing their surge with strava? I haven't been able to for a week now. I can do it manually but would rather not 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
101 REPLIES 101

Yes.  I am having the same issues.  Fitbit won't sync with strava and when i try to download the activity, I get the message that it can't be downloaded, come back later.  I tried older activities to see if they would download, and none of them will download.

Best Answer

Hi @chinawoman@jessbless8@Smithy486@rldigby! Thanks for posting your questions here! Cat Happy

@ugbug Thanks a million for that link, since we need to wait until the issue regarding how to export activities gets resolve, Thanks for bringing this information to our attention, I've pass it along to our Team. Sorry for the inconvenience! 

In regards of the Strava not syncing via Fitbit, have you tried to contact them directly; take a look of the Resources for the Strava App we have to do so. I hope the issue gets solve soon!

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
As of this morning, I can upload to Strava.
Best Answer

Thanks @rldigby! you're the second person that reports that! Please let me know if you encounter an error or a message while doing so! I'm glad this is connecting now.

Feel free to come back at any time, in case that you have questions about Fitbit products; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends. Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips. This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Saturday Humor or What is the most interesting place that you have walked run?

Have a great day! Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi,

I've tried the proposed solution twice and the activity is still not syncing with Strava. Usually it synced immediately after the watch synced with the Fitbit app, but it didn't work this time.

What else can I try? Thanks!

Best Answer

No syncing for me either. Be glad to know if there is a cure

Best Answer

Hey there, @AndreeaS@MattQG! It is nice to see you. Cat Very Happy The only troubleshooting steps in this case, would be to revoke access from your settings, but you need to do it using a computer since the options is not available from the mobile App. 

After you do this, you can link the Strava App with your Fitbit account one more time, like you did the first time. 

If this doesn't resolve the situation, I recommend to contact Strava's customer support directly to check if they are having problems on their side and maybe can provide you with updates or steps to follow. 

Keep me updated! Cat Tongue

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi! Thanks for the reply. In the meantime I manually uploaded the activity in Strava. Will try the solution next time (if this ever happens again).

Cheers,

Andreea

Best Answer

I have been having  this issue since last Thursday. I have followed the advice to reconnect the apps but am not seeing the exercise copy over into the Strava app. Is there a known issue?

Best Answer

Hello my friend, @AndreeaSMan Tongue Thanks for getting back to me and let me know what happens next time. 

Hi, @ScottJKennedy! There is no known issue on our side, have you contacted Strava yet?

Let me know! :}

Best Answer

Personally I've got a problem with the other way round, I can't get my rides that show up in Strava to show up as activities in Fitbit which then combines with the HR data etc from my Alta HR although it did it originally.

Best Answer

I'm now experiencing this problem too. The activities on Fitbit won't copy over to Strava. Worked fine last week

Best Answer

Same problem here. Have logged out of both apps, revoked access/unlinked on both apps, turned off and on my fitbit surge, turned off my phone. Nothing happens.

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue. My bike ride from yesterday morning loaded to strava but my evening ride still hasnt flowed through. I tried.revoke the connection and restart phone but unfortunately no change!! 

Best Answer

I tried these steps and it is of no use. I can't see my rides in Strava

Best Answer

I managed to get it to work again.
Uninstalled both Strava and Fitbit app on my phone, unlinked the accounts and then reinstalled and linked again. Maybe it has to be done some times, but it worked in the end. 🙂

Best Answer

Hey, everyone! It is nice to see you. Cat Tongue It could be that there was an issue directly with Strava and now it has been fixed, so I recommend you to give the troubleshoot another try just like our friend, @Jajoplin, suggested. It should work! 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Hello,

While you stated the solution for "Activities from Strava are not synced over to Fitbit.

The real issue is the opposite, "Activities from Fitbit are NOT synced over to Strava."

Please give a solution for this as this is use case many users face. People use your wrist  band and do not track the activity on Strava in the hope that Fitbit will automatically do it for them and sync the workout over to Sstrava. However, this is quite erratic and not smooth. 3 out of 5 times this fails, and Strava is not updated. Then you manually add the activity to Strava. Now, this is very tricky,  as this manual addition of activity from Strava is then synced to Fitbit app, and the Fitbit app shows two workouts, one it tracked itself and other synced from Strava.

This should be solved ASAP. 

Please let me know if you would need any further clarity on this use case/issue or inputs.  

Thanks and regards,

Manav 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there, @Maanav! Thanks for joining in and clarifying the issue. Keep in mind that exercises recorded with Fitbit's app or devices that do not include GPS data are NOT currently sent to Strava.

If your activities with GPS information is still not syncing over to Strava please try to revoke the access and link your accounts again, this is the current troubleshoot that should get you back on track.

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Best Answer

I have bike rides which I can see on my Fitbit dashboard but they are feeding into strava. This has been an issue for me in August.it worked just fine in July. I contacted strava and they told me it was a Fitbit issue. I don't see the export option on the ... dropdown on the dashboard either and the issues may be connected?

Best Answer
0 Votes