Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing with strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone having trouble syncing their surge with strava? I haven't been able to for a week now. I can do it manually but would rather not 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
101 REPLIES 101

Hello, 

I followed these steps, but my fitbit still will not sync with strava. Any recommendations?

Best Answer

Tried this. Not working. I think problem is Fitbit is not using GPS because the activities are tracked in Fitbit app but there is no longer a map showing rout. At least, that is my best guess given that I have been trying for days and resetting links multiple times. Help!

Best Answer

I have had to do this twice now.  It really is frustrating.  Can you find a more permanent solution that revoking access to re-granting access?

Best Answer

wow i just brought a very expensive paperweight... It's easier to just carry my phone which is running the Strava app and i get my results straight away... am just wasting my time with this useless fitbit Blaze, waste of $.

Best Answer

I get this error message when I try and link my fitbit to Strava  - 

{"statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An internal server error occurred
Best Answer

2 cycling activities today not syncing with strava account, usually pretty swift at updating... tried disconnected and reconnecting the accounts but no joy? There any issues causing this at present?

Best Answer

I have not been able to sync since the 2.50 iOS update.  Going around and around with Fitbit and Strava.  Fitbit keeps saying the problem is solved.  Strava is admitting there's a problem, but is not offering a solution as of yet.  I am very disappointed in both companies. 

Best Answer

Strava synced with Fitbit once for me on May 26 but won't sync on June 9. Tried EVERYTHING. Including updating both apps. Disconnecting and connecting apps several times.  Spent over an hour of frustrating attempts to fix this problem. No solution. Fitbit - FIX THIS.

Best Answer

Bought Ionic 5 days ago to replace broken Garmin Vivoactive HR. Ionic will not sync with Strava or Myfitnesspal. I've revoked and re added permissions in every sequence several times over to no avail.

This is a deal breaker for me if not resolved. Will return for Garmin Vivoactive 3 which I hate to do as I like the music and looks of Ionic, but the syncing is a basic "must have" to manage my workout activity.

Best Answer

I had the problem with Fitbit Charge 2 not recording runs with connected GPS to send to Strava. Then it suddenly worked again for a couple of weeks, but now it has stopped working again. I am really sick of this as I want to have HR data on Strava. As it is, I will have to use the Strava app and give up on HR data, but at least have a record of the run, which Fitbit won't give me.
This is the only reason I purchased the Fitbit, so feel I have wasted my money. I am also appalled to see the bland answers being given by Fitbit staff on these forums concerning this issue, which appears to be frustrating people for several years. If Fitbit cannot fix such an important deficiency, then its devices are not fit for purpose. I truly regret taking the Fitbit route, will never buy another again and will never recommend it to anyone.

Best Answer

Another bike ride recorded on Strava today which won't sync to Fitbit. Also can't change my clock face. And on that note, I like the moment clockface but your choice of colour contrast (red on black) is at the bottom for colour contrast.  Really poor choice. I can't see it outside in the sunlight at all. Please give the option of the moment face with white on black.  Although I am not sure why I am asking for anything new because fitbt can't even do what it says it can do. Your support of the device and app is REALLY POOR! I couldn't recommend this device to anyone.

Best Answer

In total agreement about the "bland answers" provided by Fitbit staff in response to these issues.  

Although I have been able to sync data with Strava since late May, so the issue has been resolved in my uses, but I see others are still having the problem syncing data, and I think it may be more of an issue with a bug in Strava rather than Fitbit. 

I did read an  article saying that there has been a drop in the use of the Fitbit app and more athletes are using Strava.  I use Strava premium and really cannot leave without it and the Strava community of followers I have.   

Best Answer

Hey everybody! Nice to see you here in the Forums!

Thanks a million for the feedback that you're giving, this is very important for us; as we need to have the user experience to keep improving our services.

I appreciate the time you're taking in order to follow all the syncing steps, about the issue with Strava you can try these steps, but if this doesn't help I would consider contacting Strava Support directly; take a look of the Resources for the Strava App. Remember that you need to confirm that your tracker is properly syncing the activity to assure it will appear on Strava. 

Now, if you need further assistance with your tracker; please let me know, so I can give you a hand with that. 

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

My Charge2 isn't syncing with Strava since Saturday. Not sure what the problem is, I did the below steps and it didn't work...how long is typical for the sync to occur?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you in this conversation @kliegz!

Thanks for trying the suggested steps. The information should't be taking that long in order to be sent to Fitbit or all the way around. But as you already tried those steps I'd consider checking with Strava Support directly. You can visit the Resources for the Strava App, to get help with this. As I haven't heard any ongoing issue regarding this from Fitbit side.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

This problem seems to have returned. I have revoked access with Strava and re-established the link to no avail. I will also pursue with Strava, but please look into it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Robertthewhite there does indeed seem to be a new issue with strava syncing. Fitbit are looking into it. Keep an eye on the following thread where they are posting updates on progress:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Strava-syncing-with-Fitbit/td-p/2937775

Best Answer

My surge has stopped syncing with my strava account on 9/6/18. any idea on how to remedy the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@roketmn you can't. We need Fitbit to fix it. Keep an eye on that thread linked above.

Best Answer

Nice to see you here @roketmn! Thanks for that information @SteveH.

Thanks for reaching out the Forums. Have you tried these steps. You can visit the Resources for the Strava App, to get help too. I haven't heard any ongoing issue regarding this from Fitbit side. Although, we are performing planned maintenance from 10:30PM-10:45PM Pacific Time on 9/12-13/2018, but after this everything should be working just fine.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes