Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing with strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone having trouble syncing their surge with strava? I haven't been able to for a week now. I can do it manually but would rather not 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
101 REPLIES 101

Syn between Fitbit and Strava is not working for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having issues with it 

Best Answer

Hey @HippyBunny23 and @Bjorg! Nice to see you here in the Forums, welcome!

Thanks for reaching out the Forums, about the issue with Strava you can try these steps, but if this doesn't help I would consider contacting Strava Support directly; take a look of the Resources for the Strava App. Remember that you need to confirm that your tracker is properly syncing the activity to assure it will appear on Strava. 

Now, if you need further assistance with your tracker; please let me know, so I can give you a hand with that. 

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does it work the other way too?

I log exercise runs on treadmills in Fitbit but it does not go to strava even though they are linked.

please advise

thanks

gerri  

Best Answer

I’m having a nightmare with my Fitbit charge 3 not uploading to strava too,it says all linked on my strava account and Fitbit account but once I’ve finished my exercise on my watch and press finish it goes in to my Fitbit account but not strava 

Best Answer
Hello
The Only exercise that transfer are ones that use GPS.

So just a run or a bike actually outside ~~~just doing a treadmill or exercise inside that does not transfer to Strava you have to log that in manually hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Oh thank you,now it makes sense now then
So do you know how you manually sync it over as when I go on to my exercise I can’t see anything to upload to strava

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
On the main feed button
Top left corner is a + (plus sign)
Click on that then you will see manual activity.

So if it was a treadmill run you can. Add how many miles and what your pace was I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Oh yes thank thats great I can use that then for those activities but do you know if you can sync your activities like workouts etc in my Fitbit exercise log in to strava at all?
Regards
Tracy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Rather pathetic work around. How about Fitbit just hire someone who can solve the problem? Maybe also develop better a relationship with Strava? What are they waiting for? Hoping will drop the issue? That will happen when we change to another brand soon as Fitbits unreplaceable battery wears out.

Too bad! If not for these two things I’d be sticking with fitbit.

Dianne Del Zotto
Best Answer
Not sure what your issue is but there is no problem.

The apps sync but exercise must have GPS because that’s how Strava works has nothing to do with Fitbit
I love it!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
My issue is that the sync sometimes doesn’t occur until days afterwards or
not at all , I understand it work with gps so I carry my phone aswell
Best Answer
I have not had that issue.
I have the Fitbit ionic and it shows immediately.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Sync not working for me again. Been like this for nearly a week.

During the past four days I've tried the revoke/grant app access dance several times to no avail. I've reinstalled both apps. Rebooted devices. Tried different types of GPS activity.

Could there be something wrong with my account that has caused the data sync to get 'stuck'?

Best Answer

Hi

Yesterday I did my furdt ever 100mile bike ride in the Cotswolds. I recorded my ride on my fitbit ionic. Got home to charge it up before it could sync to my phone. I was VERY dissapointed to see that it hasn't synced. I have tried everything. Even this tip and no luck. As you know it can be very competitive so now I got no segments to show on how i have improved. I really hope you would be able to assist me with this matter. 

As you can understand, i am scared to record another activity on my fitbit as i don't want it to happen again. Please please please help me getting my data from my fitbit onto my strava.

Best Answer

Hi there @lizellebrown nice to see you here. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry you have lost your activity for that day, I totally understand why you feel that way. How did you track your Bike activity? Are you having same issues with other activities?

I'd like to share this information with you: 

strava.PNG

• Activities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava
  • NOTE: Manually logged activities in Strava will NOT sync over, it needs to be a recorded activity (i.e. pressing the record button in the app)

strava2.PNG

• Only GPS recorded activities from Fitbit will sync to Strava
  • Heart rate data needs to be synced before ending a GPS activity for it to send to Strava 

Resources

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I click the + on strava (orange on my app) I don't get the option to upload, am I looking in the wrong place? Bike ride from yesterday synced but today's long run (7 hrs ago) hasn't so far 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having an issue with a run done this morning on Fitbit.  Normally it syncs right to Strava but today it won't.  I tried revoking and then re-allowing access but still no run posting to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The run should just automatically show or sync up~ the + is to manually add exercises

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it should do it automatically but it hasn't. How do I get it to sync to strava of it hasn't already done so?

Best Answer
0 Votes