Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight privacy setting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering how you are supposed to make you weight private on your profile. 

You can hide height, age, sex, birthday. But there is no setting for weight. I still want to log my weight on the app but don't want anyone to be able to view it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I don't think weight is visible to anyone else in any case, unless they happen to see it on your wrist with some models.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you are altering your privacy settings on the dashboard there is a "profile as viewed by:" and then the options are anyone, friends and you. As I said you can hide each one of the things above except weight which when viewed as a friend, is still there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you click on 'Profile as Viewed by Friends', do you see your weight?  I don't.

Also note Privacy Settings > Graphs > weight graph which you can set as private.

And if you have any "friends", can you see their weights?  I don't see the weight of any of my "friends".

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I've got those settings selected already and when I view my profile as viewed by friends I do still see my weight. 

I don't see the weights of any of my friends though so maybe it is a glitch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattDarlow   I compared the Privacy settings on the web dashboard and the mobile app.  There is a setting on the mobile app that isn't on the web dashboard.  Tap on you profile picture on your mobile app > scroll down to the Social & Sharing > Privacy > set Weight to Private and tap on Save.

I don't know why you this choice is missing from the web dashboard.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

FWIW, I just clicked through to your profile and your weight is not visible.

Best Answer