Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I open my Dashboard it says "Join Fitbit"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been a Fitbit user for several years. All of a sudden when I try to open the Dashboard, it asks me to "Join Fitbit".  I spent a couple of hours a few days ago chatting online with a Fitbit representative. He assured me the problem was fixed, but of course it wasn't.

Between this problem and the crummy Alta wristband I'm pretty much fed up with Fitbit.

Anyone else having this problem ?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@marcbar - 

Whoa - 

I went ahead and logged out and went back in.

I was presented with this screen:

IMG_0170.PNG

I was able to press on "Log In" and go straight to the login screen and from there, the dashboard.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hey @marcbar

That sounds very frustrating. I'd like to ask you some questions so that I can get a better understanding of the issue:

• What browser are you using to access the Dashboard? If several which ones?
  • When did this start happening?
  • Does it happen for the whole day or only sometimes?
  • Have you tried other computers or tablets?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Yes this is very frustrating .

I’m using a Safari browser on my iMac, but I have mainly been opening Fitbit on my iPhone
and using the Dashboard on the iPhone.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that when I opened Fitbit on my iPhone, it asked me to input 
my username and password. I found that unusual and inconvenient but I did so, and that seemed ok for awhile.

About a week ago, the login scenario changed. It asked me to “Join Fitbit”, and login. This happens all the time I try it.
I’ve been using Fitbit for a few years, so this was odd. Again, I’m usually using my iPhone with Fitbit.

Last week I spent a couple of hours chatting with someone at Fitbit to try to correct this problem.
But that didn’t help.

Thanks
Marc
Best Answer
0 Votes

@marcbar and @LanuzaFitbit -

I have noticed a couple times over the last week that I have apparently being logged out on my app and am getting the same presentation - two buttons - one to Join and one to Login. 

I of course also got it after I had to shut down my phone when traveling to the operating room for a surgical procedure.

So it isn't asking you to do both - join and then login - but rather to either join -OR- login. 

Or am I mis-understanding the issue?

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s asking me to Join, and then Log In.

Marc
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is asking me to do both. Join, then Login

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marcbar - 

Whoa - 

I went ahead and logged out and went back in.

I was presented with this screen:

IMG_0170.PNG

I was able to press on "Log In" and go straight to the login screen and from there, the dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not very intuitive of Fitbit, but I can access my Dashboard again,

Thanks!

Best Answer

@marcbar -

Good to know.

You're welcome.

Best Answer

Hey @marcbar and @MrMarv.

@marcbar Glad to know that you were able to access your Dashboard again. Please do let us know if you experience something like this again.

@MrMarv I have to say that I'm very grateful to have you around the Forums! Thanks for coming in to help whenever you can. Keep it up!

If there is anything I can help you with please let me know! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes