Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get a "year in review" email for year 2021 in Q1 2022?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I joined FB in early 2019 and I didn't get any year in review email in for the year 2019 but my friends did. I didn't not get any "year in review" email for 2020 either. For each 2 years, I created a thread here to ask about the missing email, I seem to remember FB replied they are "working" to address the issue but they can't re-generate the email for members that did not get one. Seems kind of odd since they have all of our historic data and shouldn't too much to generate the report. Anyway, now that we are less than 60 days from the start of a new year, what is the odd FB actually fixed the issue and we will all get our "year in review" email for this year?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Deb3horse @sn2019 @kayparkay Thanks for your prompt reply. I just received good news about this. It seems some emails with the year summary are delayed. They will be sent in the following weeks. I appreciate your patience. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Has anyone received their 2021 email yet? WIll Google send an intern down to fix the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sn2019 

In order to receive the "Year in Review" you have to enable Product Updates in your notification settings as this report is part of the Marketing emails. Can you confirm that this is enabled? 

Best Answer

@SebWotan What position do you hold in Fitbit?

@SebWotan wrote:

Hello @sn2019 

In order to receive the "Year in Review" you have to enable Product Updates in your notification settings as this report is part of the Marketing emails. Can you confirm that this is enabled? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not a Fitbit employee. I am part of the Community Council however. 

Best Answer

@SebWotan wrote:

I am not a Fitbit employee. I am part of the Community Council however. 

@SebWotan  Thanks but I rather not troubleshoot this problem with someone who doesn't have access to my account.  Since this issue is not unique to me and you are part of the Community Council, why don't you escalate this issue to Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the answer from Fitbit: In order to receive the "Year in Review" you have to enable Product Updates in your notification settings as this report is part of the Marketing emails. Can you confirm that this is enabled? 

If you do not check that, zero progress will be made. 

Best Answer

@SebWotan I am sorry but if this is the official position of Fitbit, why can't they come out and make a statement but have to have a non-employee to make such a claim??? How difficult is that? Why is this "answer" not brought up back in Jan 2020 and Jan 2021? Instead, the reply I got was "we are working on it..."

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you should lower your expectations. On the other hand, you could simply try as I suggest, thank me for the help and suggestion, wait next year to see if it works and revisit this thread whether it works or not 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, Thank you for your advice to lower my expectation. I did exactly the same when FB can't fix the issue with the Hawaii Island badge a few years back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sn2019 I understand how frustrating this is, like yourself I haven't been receiving the year in review (despite having the product updates setting enabled). However, this is predominantly a community based forum which means most of the threads will have help and advice from your fellow users.

As you feel the help you seek is beyond the scope of us normal users, I have flagged this thread for the attention of a Moderator. Hopefully they will be able to investigate this issue further for you. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply. I really don't have much expectation this issue will be solved. I have contact Fitbit tech support back in early 2020 and their reply was "We are working on it" and they can't give an estimate on when the issue will be fixed. I create this yearly thread in the hope to see if there is any pattern as to why some members receive their "year in review" email and some of us don't. Fitbit is an amazing company that allows some seemingly trivial issues to linger for years.

Best Answer

Hi!  Thank you for starting this thread -  I haven't received a year in review either, and all my notification settings checked including the one mentioned above.  Seems like all the data is there.  Would be nice to see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t either.  I contacted them and you would think I was an idiot.  They tried to tell me you can download your annual activity but it isn’t an option.  I have an Apple Watch but have opted to keep the Fitbit for my health routine BECAUSE of the reports.  May have to ditch the Fitbit if I can’t get the annual report anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was but didn’t get the report.  I will be ditching my Fitbit after 7 years if I can’;t get the email with my annual report

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is checked for all of that but still haven’t gotten a report.  It was already checked.  This appears to be an overall problem that needs to be addressed quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my 2020 report.  Just no report for 2021

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope unacceptable answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Deb3horse I found another thread on this that said you can export your data, but unfortunately it's only good for a 31 day date range.

@KateFitbit I saw a thread that you responded to issues with the 2020 year in review.  What are thoughts about 2021?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Deb3horse wrote:

I haven’t either.  I contacted them and you would think I was an idiot.  They tried to tell me you can download your annual activity but it isn’t an option.  I have an Apple Watch but have opted to keep the Fitbit for my health routine BECAUSE of the reports.  May have to ditch the Fitbit if I can’t get the annual report anymore.

About a year and a half ago, you can export all your data at once. By using Excel or other compatible apps, you can extract the same data as the "year in review" email. However, the data export function does not work anymore, and (of course) it has not been fixed. If you have a lot of time, you can export your data month by month, combine them, then do your data inquiry to figure out the day you did most steps and other fun facts for the previous year. Seems to me these issues can be easily fixed by FB but it chose not to.

Best Answer