Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

map not loading

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i have a charge 2 fitbit which i link to my phone to map any walks i do, which usually works really well. i recently did a big walk of approx 40km and linked to my phone etc to map it. on the fitbit app, the map just won't load and constantly shows the wee circle thing circling. on the fitbit dashboard, it shows the map thumbnail but when i click on it to see the big map along with all the other stats, it shows loading for a few moments then says "error". 

is there anything i can do to fix this? 

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

This! This is exactly my issue. I can see the map is there, the thumbnail is there, it just won’t load the proper map. It manages shorter maps, but with a massive twelve hour hike it’s not working! 

Come on, I’ve been waiting from October!! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @sbh126. Hello @daynzie.

I'm sorry if I have made it sound like I am personally not paying attention to this. I am regularly looking to get more news on the situation but I have not received anything as of yet. I'll be posting about it in here as soon as I get any news whatsoever, but it hasn't happened at the moment.

Please feel free to let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbitRather than waiting for news that probably isn't coming why don't you just directly ask one of the IT individuals for an explanation? You've been waiting on news for almost a year now. Isn't it possible that they aren't aware of the problem? They either (A), don't know about the problem (B), don't know how to fix it or (C) don't care enough to fix it. This shouldn't take 9 months to sort out. Once you inform them of the issue we can rule out option A. If it isn't fixed shortly after that we can assume it is option B or C.

I'll check back in a week and verify with you to see if the correct people were informed of this problem and if they can explain the issue. If they don't have a solution please inform us as to whether they don't care or don't know how to fix it. 

Have a great day! Can't wait to hear from you.

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbitAnything new? Or are you still diligently awaiting new information? 

On the note, when will FitBit start disclosing their file size limitations on the products they are selling? If I had been aware that this was an issue for FitBit devices I would have gone with a more capable product. Seeing as you are aware of the issue now, do you think the Better Business Bureau will view this is intentional false advertisement?

All I want is a fix so I can retrieve my data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same issue - went for a 80km bike ride yesterday and the map just continually loads in the app (I’ve not tried to web version as I never use it). Is this a new issue after the app update? Pretty annoying not to be able to see the map. If Fitbit are serious about being a contender against Apple/Garmin as a fitness wearables company etc they really need to sort their support out this issue has been going on for well over a year now and no resolution

Best Answer

Hello @MrRobG and @sbh126.

I'm sorry if I didn't make it seem like the issue is known about. We are aware of the situation and that's why I say that I am waiting for any news. Unfortunately I haven't gotten much as of yet.

Having said that, this seems to happen with relatively big activities. So, as a workaround, maybe you could try dividing the activity in several smaller ones by ending the tracking and starting a new one.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza 

Thanks for for the quick reply 🙂 

The journey was broken down into several sections on my Blaze (activity > bike) and I can see the map as a thumbnail on the website (not the app) but like other users have commented when you click on the thumbnail it loads then comes up with an error. I do hope this is resolved as this is one of the main features that made me purchase the Blaze and if I can’t view my journey on the maps there isn’t much point using it (might as well just use the phone on its own!) 

Best Answer

Hey @MrRobG.

Thanks for letting me know that you did try that to no avail. I'll be passing this information on to the team.

Thanks for your patience and understanding! We truly appreciate it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes