Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update failed

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I installed a Fitbit Flex 2 to replace an existing Flex 2. I fully charged it yesterday and it appears to be working and it is certainly syncing ok. However, my Samsung J2 phone tells me that a Firmware update is available. Firmware version of my Flex 2 is 24.24.10.4. I attempted to update and went through the procedure several times yesterday and was unable to get past a message which says ‘update failed’. I get updating your Fitbit Flex 2….Hold tight … this can take up to 10 minutes. All lights are then flashing on my tracker. Then all lights go out. After a minute or so they come back on. And then I get the ‘Not working? Try again’ page. Trying again has the same result.

I have restarted blue tooth, I have uninstalled Fitbit app version 2.92 on my phone and re-installed it. I get the message ‘Bluetooth issues’. I’ve restarted Bluetooth but ‘connecting to my Fitbit’ fails. Sometimes I have a single blue light flashing for a lengthy peirod. What do I do next? I’m beginning to lose faith in Fitbit which I have used (2 trackers) consistently for four years.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @FitzG let me assist you with the difficulties experienced with the firmware update on your Flex 2. I'm glad to see you participating in our Community. 

I'd like to begin appreciating your efforts troubleshooting this matter prior contacting us. Seems odd that after attempting those steps your device firmware doesn't complete the update. Occasionally a firmware update will start and stop or otherwise fail. I suggest you to make sure your device is charged and follow these steps:

1. Turn your device off and on again, and retry the update. 
  2. Restart your mobile device and retry the update one more time.
  3. Log in to your Fitbit account on a different device, and retry the update
  4. If you're still unable to update the firmware, please try with another mobile device.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be here if you need anything else. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @FitzG let me assist you with the difficulties experienced with the firmware update on your Flex 2. I'm glad to see you participating in our Community. 

I'd like to begin appreciating your efforts troubleshooting this matter prior contacting us. Seems odd that after attempting those steps your device firmware doesn't complete the update. Occasionally a firmware update will start and stop or otherwise fail. I suggest you to make sure your device is charged and follow these steps:

1. Turn your device off and on again, and retry the update. 
  2. Restart your mobile device and retry the update one more time.
  3. Log in to your Fitbit account on a different device, and retry the update
  4. If you're still unable to update the firmware, please try with another mobile device.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks. After two further unsuccessful attempts using my cellphone, I switched to using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Pro with immediate success!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again @FitzG thanks for your reply and update!

I'm happy to know that after trying this procedure with your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 pro your difficulties were resolved. Thank you for troubleshooting this matter with me, don't hesitate to ask any additional questions you may have and I'll gladly provide you with further assistance.

I'll be around, have a nice day 🤓

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I bought a fitbit versa lite late last year and updated it every so often however mid February I restarted I to install another update I tried tp turn it on and it said data not  cleared sync and try again so I re,moved it from pairing and tried setting it up again bit it wanted me to update it and once again the update failed.

For such an expensive watch it should last longer I am not pleased with Fitbit.

Best Answer

I tried this process it's not working for me

Best Answer

I have also tried this on my Versa 3 and my device will not restart. I just have the black screen with the blue dots in middle. I have tried on my mobile and tablet and they won't even pair anymore let alone update absolute nightmare and it is just 1year old very angry, upset and frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes