Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active minutes on flex2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a flex 2 and used it today at the gym for the first time. I did weights but also time on a bike and walked over 2  miles some at a steep incline with pretty high heart rate. The device shows no active minutes and the miles look a lot less than what the treadmill shows. Suggestions. 

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I'm having the same problem!!!

Best Answer

What I want to know is whether the device I have is faulty. Or if there's some button to push to make sure it records active minutes. This is going back if I can't get this worked out. 

Best Answer

My wife has the same complaint. She exercised today and got no credit.

Best Answer

Having the same problem. Just walked in the water for 1.5 hours and got no steps and no active time! This thung is a waste of money. What good is it to be waterproof if it doesn't do anything. Very dissatisfied 

Best Answer

My flex2 records activity erraticly. On one day 1 hour of mountain biking registered as only 10 minutes of activity while the next day I sat in a meeting all day and it registered as 50 minutes of activity. This is very disappointing

Best Answer
Lots of problems with this issue. So far NO solutions. Is this item useless for its intended purpose? Do Fitbit people read these issues? Surely there must be a solution. Otherwise they are selling it with false claims. Not good. - Kathy

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I am having the same issue, I do lots of water walking and joggin, and NADA! when I sync.  Active mintues do not track accurately, even when I took the activity down to 10 minutes.  The fact it doesn't have a readable screen, is another bummer for me.  I wish they would make a device that was able to be used during swimming, count stairs, had a screen, and recorded activity and active minutes correctly. 

I am thinking I might have to start looking for another tracker soon 😞

Best Answer

I reset the device a few weeks ago and it seemed to work but now, yet again, it is not registering any activity. 50 minutes of swimming (including butterfly and freestyle sprints) were clocked as 11 minutes. I now rest it again and then we will see. Not a very reliable nor useful device

Best Answer

I am wondering if there is a limit to how many times flex 2 will log continuous activity in one day. I took 3 walks today. First one initially registered as 11 minutes. During second walk flex 2 dashboard said it lost communication. I walked for 17 minutes. At the end, is showed a total (for the two walks?) of 23 minutes. I had a meeting for 30 minutes and then went for another 11 minute walk between 11:30 am and 11:45 am. That walk never registered. My flex 2 showed a medium charge, so I re-charged it. Then I did a sync and it showed I did that sync and what time. Now the green lines show one 7 min walk and two 8 min walks, all before 10:45 am and total is still 23 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@swamimarti If you do 20 walks it should pick them all up. Hiw long do you have the recognition time set for? The default is 15 minutes, but you can reduce this to 10 if you want. What this means (if it is set to 15 minutes) that unless you walk for more than 15 minutes the tracker wont register 'a walk' though it will count your steps. It also may not detect 'a walk' unless you have a certain intenity and rythm ( ie if you stop the smell the flowers or chat that will break the walk and you will need to re do the 15 minutes again for it to be recognised.)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a MOTO g android smart phone and Windows 7 computer. I have not
found the settings for changing sleep from normal to sensitive and do not
know how to change movement on my phone or on the on-line dashboard. A
couple of times my flex 2 registered 6 minutes of moderate movement and
another time it registered 11 minutes. Yesterday, I thought I walked
moderately for 11 min, 17 min, and 11 min. It registered 8, 8, and 7, I
think, but don't know if I can go back and look at a previous day. Then it
gave a total of 23 minutes. I am trying to walk at a moderate pace for a
minimum of 10 minutes 3 times per day, without aggrivating any of my
orthopedic issues. Most days do not register at all, so I am trying to
figure out how to make it work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Re: Active minutes on flex2 - marthaswaim24@gmail.com - Gmail

I have a MOTO g android smart phone and Windows 7 computer. I have not found the settings for changing sleep from normal to sensitive and do not know how to change movement on my phone or on the on-line dashboard. A couple of times my flex 2 registered 6 minutes of moderate movement and another time it registered 11 minutes. Yesterday, I thought I walked moderately for 11 min, 17 min, and 11 min. It registered 8, 8, and 7, I think, but don't know if I can go back and look at a previous day. Then it gave a total of 23 minutes. I am trying to walk at a moderate pace for a minimum of 10 minutes 3 times per day, without aggrivating any of my orthopedic issues. Most days do not register at all, so I am trying to figure out how to make it work. I just am trying to get my walks to show up as continuous minutes of moderate activity.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@swamimarti To change sleep settings on the dashboard of the fitbit webiste, tap the little gear cog up in the top right corner, then touch settings. On the page that comes up scroll down through Personal Data to Advanced Settings, select Sleep sentitivity and change it you want to.

As far as I know the Windows 7 app is no longer supported. You need Windows 10, Im afraid.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I have a Widows 10, but it is so slow, I have never been able to use it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way I can change the recognition time without Windows 10/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you can change the recognition time on the app. Go to the exercise tile (running man) and tap the gear wheel icon near the top right corner. A page labelled exercise Goals comes up. Select the activity you want to change the recognition time for. Good luck!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try going into your app and picking an exercise 

Best Answer
0 Votes