Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arm ergometer machine

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have nerve issues in my legs and use the arm ergometer machine at the gym a lot. Should I be wearing my flex 2 for steps or is that considered “step cheating”?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @Jhock , I think whether or not it is “cheating” is really up to you!  There is no right or wrong. My personal view is that if this is a significant form of exercise for you, you should be able to take “step” credit for it.  

There are other examples of similar issues: many wheelchair users wear Fitbits, and steps are counted as they manually turn the wheels on their chair.  I don’t think anyone would call that cheating!

Another example is bicycle riders.  The biking community seems to be in two minds - some (purists) think that as biking isn’t stepping, no steps should be counted.  Others think that as it is exercise, steps should be counted.

My personal view is that the main reason that most people wear Fitbits is to get fitter and monitor their health.  Your Fitbit is just a tool, and you are the one to decide how it is helping you meet your goals.

I say, go for it!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer