Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone had an issue with the battery not charging on the Flex?

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

@Petrolia55 thanks for getting back to me and for clarifying this info! I will then forward your inquiry to our Support Team. Keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions! 

Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

It seems to be a faulty product. I had one that lost charging capability after about 8 months. To Fitbit's credit, the company replaced it, but the replacement didn't fare much better. I took good care of it and followed all the instructions for recharging, but the second one also died. Since I didn't like wearing both a watch and a Fitbit, I bought the combo version in January (call me crazy for trying the same brand). So far, so good.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi There,

Thank you so much for the information. I have been looking for a new fit
bit flex, just to keep it simple, however I ask myself, why invest in the
flex again. Perhaps just go with a newer one. But I don't need all the
technology. So still debating, battery, new flex, or newer brand.
Funny though, I just purchased fourteen different new colored bands from
amazon. Found used ones on E-bay, but haven't used E-bay yet. So still
looking. But like the fit bit, helps me walk my three and half miles more
than twice a week, lol. Now I am thinking, heck Christmas is coming.

Again thank you for your time
Kathy Bowser
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not much when it comes to technology. What do you mean that the flex with not recover from low discharge or critical battery stage? Is it now dead? My flex is not charging, there are no light nothing. I tried all of the cleaning and troubleshooting options. It was a gift. I am not sure if can get proof of purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh hell, I bought a new one!
thanks, Kathy
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had mine for several years and it still works. They sent me a new
charger and it seems to work fine. But I'm not sure it's accurate anymore
or that it knows what time it is. Sometimes the totals don't turn over at
midnight. I think I just need a new one.
--
Have a happy day! :cross_mark:'s and :heavy_large_circle:️'s
Carol
Best Answer
0 Votes
you as well. Got mine off of Faceboo, local shopping, it was used, but
works great!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there guys! 

@Posh101 @Petrolia55 @connorgram Hope you're doing great!

@Posh101 thanks for attempting the troubleshooting steps beforehand. If your tracker isn't properly responding then I shall send this info to our Support Team for a deeper look into your tracker's behavior. Keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions. Smiley Happy

@Petrolia55 thanks for your input! What tracker did you purchase this time? Share with us! Smiley Wink

@connorgram What tracker do you own? I'm a little confused here since Flex isn't designed with a clock capable screen. This one works a little different. Smiley Tongue Hey, have you tried restarting your tracker? Do let me know, I'll be around!

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
thanks, Purchased another one however said gently used. It is a fit bit
flex too.
any ideas of what other kind to buy?
thanks
Kathy

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Petrolia55 It's nice to hear back from you! I suggest checking out this page with more info about Fitbit devices, you can compare them and choose your favorite. Smiley Wink Heart

Hope this helps. Feel free to post back! 

Best Answer

Found this forum when a 2 year old fit bit flex battery would not charge.  Tried the online chat and they suggested cleaning the contacts with rubbing alcohol and cotton swap (q-tip)...heres the link we used -- https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2005c=Topics%3ABattery&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Worked for me so hopefully it does someone else.

Best Answer

@GVelez thanks for stopping by and sharing this information with the rest of the Community! This is definitely going to help other users with the same inquiry. Just one thing, the link you shared seems to be broken. I found there other two articles with the info you were describing:

1. Why isn't my battery charging?
  2. How do I clean my Fitbit device?

I really hope this helps. Smiley Happy Feel free to post back! 

Best Answer

Here is how to fix Battery Plugged in Not Charging Problem In Windows 10

1- Right click on Windows icon to expand out its context menu. Find and click on the option entry named Device Manager as shown below.

2- A window named Device Manager opens up. Expand the entry named Batteries by clicking on the side arrow associated with it. As next, right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click on the Uninstall option.

3 – Now Shutdown your laptop.

4 – Now, remove the Battery manually and then unplug the Power Adapter from your laptop.

5 – Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute

6 – Now, again reinsert the Battery and connect the Power Adapter to laptop

7 – start the system again. the message “Plugged In Charging” message will be there waiting for you.

Source:- https://merabheja.com/fixed-battery-plugged-not-charging-problem-windows-10/

Best Answer

@josefin1 Thanks for sharing this workaround with the rest of the thread! This is what the Community is all about: sharing knowledge and best practices. Keep it up! 

On a different note, I'd like to invite you to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Eat Well". Who doesn't love food? Heart

I really hope to see you around more often! 

Best Answer

Just not charging

Best Answer

Im still having the same issues. I love having a fitbit but hate my flex. 

For example I spent 20 minutes this morning trying to wedge something in my charger so it would charge but seems it's useless so now I go without my Fitbit yet again.

Best Answer

My Fitbit battery is not charging after I was not able to recharge before it got drain. Can you pleas help me with my problem..

Best Answer

i'm trying literally everything in order to solve this problem.

It's clear that there is some kind of issue with the pins for the charging phase.

Contacted the support and they answered me that it's possible to have a discount for a new fitbit product.

Still, the idea is to use my actual fitbit flex, not a new one!

At first adding a paper-layer within the charger in order to push down the flex worked, now it's not working anymore.

Let's see.

Best Answer
0 Votes