Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromebook OS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does Fitbit work with Chromebook OS, which styles?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

here is something a moderator posted about phones being compatible:

"Please note that your phone or tablet is not on our list of compatible devices. We confirmed that the devices on this list are fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone or tablet meets the minimum operating system requirements.

If your phone supports Bluetooth 4.0, we provide assistance and troubleshooting steps. Because your phone or tablet is not fully compatible with Fitbit devices, we can't guarantee syncing and other Fitbit features. "

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @diko453  no, the Fitbit app doesn't work on the Chromebook. You have another way to set up?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have it on my Kindle so thanks...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't finish my message...

I do have the app on my Kindle (which they no longer support but it seems to work for me); however I purchased a new chromebook and wanted to get everything on it. I guess I will check to see if other trackers work with my new operating system. Thank you for your help...

Best Answer
0 Votes

here is something a moderator posted about phones being compatible:

"Please note that your phone or tablet is not on our list of compatible devices. We confirmed that the devices on this list are fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone or tablet meets the minimum operating system requirements.

If your phone supports Bluetooth 4.0, we provide assistance and troubleshooting steps. Because your phone or tablet is not fully compatible with Fitbit devices, we can't guarantee syncing and other Fitbit features. "

Best Answer

Hello @diko453 fitbit has never supported the Kindle reader, somebody ported the Fitbit app to kindle.

As for chrome, this is a web based operating system and does not allow an app to connect with a bluetooth connected device.

Best Answer
Thank you for info

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes