Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Fitbit with Facebook

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I started my flex 2 I said I didn't want it to connect with FB. Now I would like to connect with FB and I cannot find anything in settings so I can add FB friends. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I'm glad to see new members around, welcome @Daviddrea0805If you have more than one Facebook account, you can only link one to your Fitbit account. 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the + icon .
  2. Tap or click Add Friend
  3. Choose how you want to connect to your friends and follow the onscreen instructions.

If your Fitbit and Facebook accounts are linked (you can check this on Fitbit.com/user/profile/apps) and you aren't seeing any friend suggestions, there are a few reasons why this may be:

1. Your Facebook friends do not have their accounts linked.
2. Your Facebook friends do not use Fitbit.
3. If you previously ignored the friend suggestion, it will not reappear.

Fitbit will only find Facebook friend suggestions if your friends also have their Fitbit and Facebook accounts linked. 

If you choose to connect your Fitbit and Facebook accounts, see your friends who also have Fitbit accounts linked to Facebook. Invite anyone to be a Fitbit friend. You can later revoke access to Facebook from your Fitbit account by revoking access to the Facebook app on your fitbit.com dashboard (Settings > Applications), or through the settings on your mobile device.

If by any chance you get an error message when trying to connect to Facebook or trying to add friends, let me know what the message says. 

I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

So if i have chose to not connect my fitbit to facebook i cannot change that setting?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem and your answer did not help at all. It was a generic prearranged response that had nothing to do with the question. 

I have the same question. I originally chose not to connect my Facebook account. I would like to connect it now but I do not see an option. How can I connect my Facebook account?

Also, in the owners manual for the versa you skip a lot of steps connecting your fitbit for notifications and audio controls. I had to figure it out my self.

Best Answer

The error I keep getting is

Failed to send Friend request

[ERROR 404] [IR: https://android=cdn=api.fitbit.com/1.1/User/-/friends/invitations]

https://gyazo.com/b9cfa8596518a81ec96d8bbaaeba65dd 

Best Answer

Can someone help me I apparently have a Facebook account linked to my Fitbit account but when I go to revoke access Facebook account is not listed I need to change the Facebook account listed with my Fitbit account but I cannot seem to do this like lip gloss to add a friend in Facebook is not listed as an option I go to the applications to try to go to access in Facebook is not the severe either please help.

I gave up on trying to get this to work.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@Cherylbaker when you go to add a friend then choose Facebook, do you go to the correct Facebook group? 

I connected my account to Facebook (again) and find that Facebook is still not listed as a connected site. I say again because everytime I change phones, clear Fitbit data, or log out of the Fitbit app, I find I need to reconnect Facebook. 

I have also found that connecting to Facebook on the web does not connect my account on the phone to Facebook. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same problem - has anyone figured it out yet?

Best Answer

Under the account setting then under the devices area click on the versa watch then the trash can up in the corner hit then and unpair it and then go back in and pair it back up and it should work it did for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting the 404 error and can't link to facebook, but it's with the versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, am unable to connect to facebook.  I had a facebook connection in the past but shut down that facebook account, recently opened a new facebook account but there is no way to revoke or delete the old account with fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

The connection should show in your Facebook account. 

Account Settings - Apps & Websites - Logged in with Facebook - Edit. 

If still having issues please reach out to support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No It does not, that is the issue.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

What did support say when you reached out to them? 

For me, I know their are at least 9 facebook friends with Fitbit, but none show up for me. 

My options are to send them a link to my public profile page. 

This is your public profile page. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They said there was nothing they can do.  I would have to delete my fitbit account and start a new one, thereby removing all my historical data.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure for the reason to connect the two accounts, i haven't found it to be useful at all. 

Best Answer

Okay, I've followed all the instructions above, but don't see how that connected me to Facebook.  I see others sharing daily stats to Facebook, etc., but don't see any option like that even after connecting Facebook to my Fitbit.  I would THINK that Facebook would come up as an option when I click on "share," but it doesn't . . . . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve connected my Fitbit to my Facebook, however it’s showing no friends listed. My friends do have their account connected but still they don’t appear. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you figure out how to do it after thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Facebook no longer allows third parties to post. 

Now if we go to the Community Section in the Fitbit App / Friends / Tap the "+" 

Now tap Facebook. 

Tap connect. 

This will allow fitbit to see any Facebook friends that have also connected their fitbit accounts. (sorry but you may not see any) and it may be better to post your Fitbit profile page. 

Screenshot_20210715-124536_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes