Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not auto recognizing exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My flex II still counts steps and active minutes, but it stopped auto recognizing exercise a few weeks ago. So even if I have more than 30 active minutes a day, what it used to count as exercise, it will still say I have 0/5 days of weekly exercise. If I click on it, the last exercise that shows up was on Jan. 25, even though I know I have hit 30 minutes on multiple days per week since then. I am using the desktop app, if that matters. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @erikalyn, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Which activities were not recorded? In the meantime I receive your answers, please restart your device following the next steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.

You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.

3. Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  4. Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  5. Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, started once in a while weeks ago and now it's almost every day (6 out of 7). Tried this but there is NO button or anything else on the charging cable (flex 2). I uninstall and reinstall almost weekly because it acts weird in other ways but that never helps the exercise sync.

20200727_110009.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tiggsmom - It is not allowing me to upload a pic that I meant to attach, but the button to push on our Flex 2 chargers is a square on the back of the charger at the very top. I did what was told; plugged in my charger, clicked the button 3 times, it blinked, etc etc. I deleted the app, shut my phone, logged back in, etc etc. The app is still not auto logging exercise. It's been doing this since about July 1. I have to go in and log any walks or runs I take. It logs the distance, steps, minutes of activity, but does not auto log it in daily exercise. It's the same when I look at my stats online. All my distance, steps, minutes of activity are there, but no daily exercise. I kept thinking maybe one of the updates would eventually fix this, but no luck so far. Also, I hate the new teal blue screen. The bright green with the fireworks, etc was sooooo much better!! This new screen is absolutely unmotivating and boring! Fitbit, please put it back!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not allowing me to upload a pic that I meant to attach, but the button to push on our Flex 2 chargers is a square on the back of the charger at the very top. I did what was told; plugged in my charger, clicked the button 3 times, it blinked, etc etc. I deleted the app, shut my phone, logged back in, etc etc. The app is still not auto logging exercise. It's been doing this since about July 1. I have to go in and log any walks or runs I take. It logs the distance, steps, minutes of activity, but does not auto log it in daily exercise. It's the same when I look at my stats online. All my distance, steps, minutes of activity are there, but no daily exercise. I kept thinking maybe one of the updates would eventually fix this, but no luck so far. Also, I hate the new teal blue screen. The bright green with the fireworks, etc was sooooo much better!! This new screen is absolutely unmotivating and boring! Fitbit, please put it back!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes