Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not tracking stats

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Two days ago my Fitbit Flex 2 stopped tracking/recording movement (steps) and sleep. I also noticed that when I tap on the device, the lights don’t come on, but they do come on to show the charge level when it’s charging. My device is about two years old. Is there a fix for this or should I expect to have to replace my device?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ArvinDelgado, It's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post. Based on the information that was shared in your post, it seems that your device is only responding when it's connected into the charging cable. Therefore, if you haven't already done so, I recommend you to restart your device following the next steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.

You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.

3. Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  4. Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  5. Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @ArvinDelgado, It's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post. Based on the information that was shared in your post, it seems that your device is only responding when it's connected into the charging cable. Therefore, if you haven't already done so, I recommend you to restart your device following the next steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.

You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.

3. Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  4. Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  5. Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ricardo, thank you! This is the best feedback that I have received through the Fitbit Community. In fact, the only useful feedback that I have received. You have restored my confidence in continuing to be a Fitbit user. I was about to drop it altogether. Regards. 

Best Answer

You're welcome @ArvinDelgado.

Thanks for your update, I'm really happy to know that the information that was shared on my previous post was helpful enough to resolve your concern. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here.

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, now that you mention it, I wonder if you have a fix for these two?

1.- sometime last year the battery on my Flex 2 died while I was traveling and I didn’t have its charger with me. It was without power for about two days. After I got home and recharged it, the lights that indicate the charge never worked correctly again. For example, if I tap on the Flex 2 when it’s full maybe only three lights, or sometimes only one light, comes on. Is there a way to restore the charge reading?

2.- after a certain update to iOS, the flash option in the Fitbit app that is available to turn on the camera’s flash when scanning food labels, stopped working. I posted this problem to the Fitbit Community several months ago, many others have echoed this experience, but no fix has been provided.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of that and my app still can't find device. When I plug it in the the charger, the lights dont come on but the pebble is getting hot. How can this be fixes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the second person I've seen reporting similar problems. My device charges and lights up but just will not connect to the app on Bluetooth. I've read instructions on a fix for it for uninstalling, restarting Bluetooth and phone etc so will try that too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've tried all of that. I even tried unpairing it from my phone. It can't
find my device. If the device is failing or dying, they need to send me a
replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes