Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not vibrating when receiving notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lately my Flex 2 won’t vibrate when I get a text message or phone call. I have restarted my phone and my Fitbit. I have made my iPhone forget the device and reconnect it. I’ve made sure that the text message and call notifications are turned on for the Fitbit app and I’m still not getting notifications. Any ideas of what to do to fix the problem?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Wster7, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for your post and for troubleshooting this situation prior to posting. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if your Flex 2 is in fact receiving notifications but not vibrating, or it's not receiving notifications at all? Does your device vibrate when an alarm is setup or when you connect it into the charging cable? If you haven't already done so, please try the following steps to restart your device:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place. You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.
  3. Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  4. Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  5. Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It does vibrate when I plug it in and when I set a silent alarm. I reset it
as you instructed but it still doesn't work vibrate for text messages and
phone calls even though those notifications are turned on on the Fitbit
app.
Best Answer
0 Votes