Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Tap to setup fitbit isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am pairing a different flex 2 to my pixel 3 app account because I misplaced my old one. At first I couldn't get past the searching phase, it would find the device and then close without finishing the sync. I reinstalled the app and have restarted my phone. Now I can get to the "double tap to finish setup part" but my double tapping doesn't register anything and after multiple attempts I get the "not working?" tips which I have followed and it didn't help.

I attempted to reset my fitbit but pushing the button on the charger 3 times in 5 seconds with my pebble inside it does nothing. My fitbit won't flash all the lights like it's been reset. 

I am so close to getting this setup done, why won't the double tap register and finish device setup?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

same issue with my flex 2 on a pixel 3. was working fine up until a couple weeks ago. not sure if it's a compatibility issue with the pixel 3 or planned obsolescence

Best Answer
0 Votes

partner is also having the same issue with their flex 2 and pixel 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue on my pixel 3XL.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? This started for me a couple of weeks ago and I've been unable to resolve. Pixel 3xl, Flex 2. Tried all the troubleshooting steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not find a solution and ended up removing the app from my pixel 3
phone. I synced to an iPad instead, but that's way less convenient and have
actually stopped wearing the Fitbit altogether.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's be honest here, Flex and Flex 2 are old devices and these glitches are for us to UPGRADE. I have a brand new Flex, it synced beautifully but two days later not so much. I am beyond PISSED.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spent FOREVER yesterday trying to get this to work (after not using my tracker for ages). So frustrating! 

Has anyone found a workaround for getting the Flex 2 to work with the Pixel 3xl? I see that the mods are ignoring this thread this far - nice! 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes
My workaround became going with an inexpensive fitness tracker off Amazon
instead, and I've been happy since.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, so I was distracted while going through set up and waited a lot longer. For some reason, it automatically brought up a different bluetooth pairing screen. A few seconds later, my phone's bluethooth pairing request popup appeared. I told it to pair and allow contacts and all that. Then it went back to the "double-tap" screen, and it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes