Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Flex Dead?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just found my old fitbit flex from 2014-2015 (around that time) and when I try to double tap the screen or any of the fitbit flex it will not respond, the only time it responds is when it is plugged into the charger and its got a full 5 lights flashing indicating it is fully charged but again when I take it off the charger it does not respond. I have tried to reset the flex but that has not done anything either. Anyone have any ideas or do you think it is just too old that it has stopped working. Thanks for your time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Aussie_Elite   when the battery has been dead for that long, I really doubt it will come back to life. Keep restarting it a few times to see if that helps revive it. There may have been a firmware update on the Flex, so check for that. The Flex was replaced by the Alta series, which has been replaced by the new Inspire family of Fitbits. I started out with a Flex and it lasted about two years. The oldest Flex I've seen mentioned on the forums lived to four years. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Aussie_Elite   when the battery has been dead for that long, I really doubt it will come back to life. Keep restarting it a few times to see if that helps revive it. There may have been a firmware update on the Flex, so check for that. The Flex was replaced by the Alta series, which has been replaced by the new Inspire family of Fitbits. I started out with a Flex and it lasted about two years. The oldest Flex I've seen mentioned on the forums lived to four years. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem in trying to revive a really old Flex. Were you able to bring it back to life? I tried restarting a few times, same issue. It does not respond as soon as I take it off the charger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @WAUser  the original poster hasn't returned in two months,so we don't know what happened. All you can do is the restart procedure. Be sure you have the latest firmware and app. Mine died after two years. Sometimes you just can't revive them. Sorry. However, now is a good time with Mother's Day sales going on to pick a new Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Odyssey13. I tried the restart a few times, but no luck. It dies as soon as it's taken off the charger 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like it's dead @WAUser . My own Flex did the same after several bouts of restarting and dying.

Best Answer
0 Votes