Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Flex2 not recording swimming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone please help. My husband bought me a Fitbit flex 2 to record my swimming. Don't get me wrong I swim 4 times a week in the slow lane. I have had problems with my Fitbit flex 2 recording swims ie recording anything. My husband bought it in January 2017 from Amazon. By the time it got to the end of February it tracked swims every now and again. I looked at the forum which was very informative. Still struggled till April till  my Fitbit said I had done 2 bike rides when I hadn't been on a bike since 2009. They sent me a new chip which worked for a couple of weeks and then no swimming recorded.

This is the last part of the e mail I received from Fitbit last Friday:-

In regards to the issue you are experiencing with your Flex 2. We have identified the issue and our engineering team is working hard to provide a fix in the next firmware update, unfortunately we don't have an estimated time for resolution yet. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

I have e mailed fitbit support twice since this asking for someone to contact me as I think the response is not acceptable and give me a contact number and have heard nothing.

Very disappointed and not sure what to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Nicliam2417! I'm very sorry to hear about this my friend, but I'm afraid to say what supported emailed you is what's happening now with the swim feature. Some users are reporting that their Fitbit detects bike instead of the swimming activity. As they mentioned, our engineering team is working hard to provide a fix in the next firmware update, however, we don't have an estimated time for resolution yet. 

In regards to the phone number you're asking for, you can find it here. Note that you can reach us at 1 (877)-623-4997. The available hours are 4:00AM Pacific Time through 8:00PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. They're also available on weekends from 6:00AM to 5:30PM PST. 

Your understanding is truly appreciated! Have a great day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I previously  posted a forum on Fitbit Flex 2 not recording swims, in 2017 when I first bought it. After much rebooting, reloading the app etc. I eventually got it to record swims most of the time. 

I am starting a new topic now on this

Best Answer
0 Votes